Any news on Tommy Sweeney?

good question.  id bet that if he were capable of playing yesterday he would have been a better player than knox.  both addition through subtraction of the bone head stuff that knox does, and he'd maybe actually catch a meaningful pass too.

Sweeny is the best tight end on this team. His connection with Josh is obvious. Kroft is decent .. 88 is unreliable therefore Josh don't

trust him. Sweeny has been underrated from his college days. he is and excellent blocker and has much better hands than KNOX. Wish we had package Knox and Kroft to get Ertz from Philly. The tight end position is killing this offense,  not just in terms of catching the ball, but more importantly pass protection and run blocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Sweeny is the best tight end on this team. His connection with Josh is obvious. Kroft is decent .. 88 is unreliable therefore Josh don't

trust him. Sweeny has been underrated from his college days. he is and excellent blocker and has much better hands than KNOX. Wish we had package Knox and Kroft to get Ertz from Philly. The tight end position is killing this offense,  not just in terms of catching the ball, but more importantly pass protection and run blocking. 

Your right, TE is another spot that is killing this team. Though I’m not as familiar with Sweeney, I will say during the little amount of time we have seen him he has always produced. 

I’m hoping he gets on the field for us soon, Knox just ain’t getting the job done

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/15/2020 at 7:14 AM, MiltonWaddams said:

I hope he can pass protect because watching Knox’s attempts at it are tiresome. Kroft isn’t a huge loss this week, but he has played his role better than Knox this season. A run-blocking, pass protecting TE with at least the threat of receiving would be nice to see. 

I would be fine if they worked Sweeney into Lee Smith's role and leaned on him and Kroft. The kid blocks better than Knox, but is way more athletic than Smith although Smith is a more experienced blocker.

Knox's mental errors and piss-poor blocking has worn on me...not saying we have seen this kid's ceiling, but he needs to demonstrate that his overall game is incrementally improving.

• Like (+1) 1