Game: UB (5-1) vs. Marshall (7-2) Camellia Bowl, Christmas day, 2:30 pm ESPN

PromoTheRobot

27 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Thought that was PI.

I agree. Should have been called.

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Just turned it on in time to see that last drive. Vantrease looks pretty good. 

It was close for a half. But two scoop-n-score fumble return for TDs by UB has ripped the heart out of NIU

And a pick 6 to boot.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

UB football led by Kyle Vantrease and Jaret Patterson will bring us a MAC championship this year boys

I'm feeling it

They need to lay off the dirty stuff. The late hits and unnecessary penalties. Even in this game when it was well in hand. It will bite them at the worst possible time if they don't reel in that behavior now.

I'm thinking beyond just a MAC title. In this topsy turvy 2020 season, if they can finish 7-0 they could end up with a bowl invite against a P5 school. A chance to take on a "big boy" on a national stage.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What was UB doing on that last drive, all they had to do was kneel the ball.  I had UB -14 and that could of turned out to be a disaster.  Doesn't Lance have any consideration for the betting public?  I loss a lot of respect for him last night.😁

6 minutes ago, Gordio said:

What was UB doing on that last drive, all they had to do was kneel the ball.  I had UB -14 and that could of turned out to be a disaster.  Doesn't Lance have any consideration for the betting public?  I loss a lot of respect for him last night.😁

I actually shut the game off towards the end so I didn't see what happened. I do know NIU got to 30 in garbage time. I'm seeing a lot of dumb penalties from being overaggressive. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They need to lay off the dirty stuff. The late hits and unnecessary penalties. Even in this game when it was well in hand. It will bite them at the worst possible time if they don't reel in that behavior now.

I'm thinking beyond just a MAC title. In this topsy turvy 2020 season, if they can finish 7-0 they could end up with a bowl invite against a P5 school. A chance to take on a "big boy" on a national stage.

I mean it depends what you call big boy

Sure they might get a bowl game against BC or something but they won't be playing any big dogs with a MAC only schedule

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean it depends what you call big boy

Sure they might get a bowl game against BC or something but they won't be playing any big dogs with a MAC only schedule

I'll take a BC. But if (and a big if) they are 7-0 they will have some cache as an attractive opponent. Supposedly the bowls will try to pick teams close to home. What are the within-8-hour-drive bowls? Pinstripe (NYC), Military (Annapolis), Fenway (Boston) and Quick Lane (Detroit.)

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll take a BC. But if (and a big if) they are 7-0 they will have some cache as an attractive opponent. Supposedly the bowls will try to pick teams close to home. What are the within-8-hour-drive bowls? Pinstripe (NYC), Military (Annapolis), Fenway (Boston) and Quick Lane (Detroit.)

Yep those bowls look right to me

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.