Surtain's Deal: 7-years $50.8 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2043410

"Surtain will sign a seven-year contract worth $50.8 million, with $14 million in guarantees included, league sources have told ESPN.com. The deal makes Surtain the third highest-paid cornerback in the NFL, behind Denver's Champ Bailey and Baltimore's Chris McAlister. "

Surely NC will use this deal as a benchmark for what he'll ask for next year.

Ok, but Poole wasnt cheaper than smith, if anything I think he was more expensive. Smith had to be playing for the vet minimum, also, they probobly got rid of smith because at the present date hes 39.

Interesting Tyrone Poole note: He was selected the pick directly before Ty Law.

Ok, but Poole wasnt cheaper than smith, if anything I think he was more expensive.  Smith had to be playing for the vet minimum, also, they probobly got rid of smith because at the present date hes 39.

Interesting Tyrone Poole note: He was selected the pick directly before Ty Law.

312906[/snapback]

Ok maybe Poole was not the best example I just mean their approach to signing veterans cheaply.

Seriously, would it really be the worst thing if we trade Nate and Travis for a slew of 2nd and 3rd round picks, and then draft as many CBs and o-linemen as we can? Isn't that basically what the Eagles did in 2002 when they grabbed their two starting corners and strong safety on day one?

Have any of the CB's done anything to justify the cash they have been getting? No way. Clements will get more than Surtain. If Washington loves Clements as much as they say they do, than I can see a 7 year, $55 million offer minimum for him. Trade him now TD. Trade him now.