anybody hear big cat on sirius NFL radio?

eball

i just caught the end of the interview, but JP definitely impressed both ryan and kirwan with his moxie. kirwan asked him a direct question about how a young guy gets vets like moulds, etc., to listen in the huddle and respect him as the QB. big cat said it all starts now, in how they see him preparing, studying, lifting weights, practicing. said that they have to believe that he knows what he's doing and has confidence, and then the respect will follow. and then he added, "and if anybody has a problem with that, then they're just going to have a problem." that one floored ryan.

when the interview was over ryan acknowledged that he had never spoken to JP before and really liked his mentality. he went on to say that it in the five minutes he talked to JP, it's clear that ANY comparison to RJ is completely off base. ryan made the comment, "JP appears to have more in his gut than RJ ever thought about having." and this is coming from an ex-player who LIKES RJ personally, having played at the same school (USC).

kirwan added that it's impossible to say whether or not JP will be a success, but that he has all the ability in the world and a great competitive attitude to go with it.

sorry if this is too optimistic a post. now back to your regularly scheduled pessimism, fans of buffalo. :huh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask a completely ignorant question?  Why is JP called Big Cat?  Hmm?? :huh:

311899[/snapback]

JP was speaking in front of a group of youngsters and when one was being rude and laughing, he stopped and said, "what's so funny, big cat?"

Who's bringing the "Big Cat" sign to the home opener so that the (National) Media can catch on.

Should we put an icon on the sign? Like a sleek, black leopard? Kinda' matches his look and the way he moves dontcha' think?

I'd like to point out that "Big Cat" was Bob Lanier's nickname when he played at St. Bonaventure. It didn't stick with him in the pros, and since it's been 35 years, I guess it's okay to give it to JP (if he wants it).

I'd like to point out that "Big Cat" was Bob Lanier's nickname when he played at St. Bonaventure.  It didn't stick with him in the pros, and since it's been 35 years, I guess it's okay to give it to JP (if he wants it).

311953[/snapback]

You are giving away your age there old buddy.

But I think Big Cat won't mind letting Big Cat use his nickname.

I've been saying that cutting Drew and going with JP is a huge gamble, but JP has all the physical tools you want in a QB and apparenlty has the work ethic and attitude/swagger.  Those are at least good building blocks.

311898[/snapback]

The only thing lacking was experience. And I think it's about time we had a team leader like Jimbo who's not afraid to get in other players faces. I've seen him screaming at linemen for not blocking and that's something no other QB in Buffalo has done, sadly.

This line better open up bigger holes for Willis and pass block a whole lot better than they did for DB! So tired of watching Willis fight for 3 yards, it's pathetic.

you can't coach moxie, and you can't coach talent.

I haven't seen enough of Losman to know if he has talent, but he sure as hell has moxie. It's what RJ lacked. It's what Jimbo had. I hate to make comparisons, but that's what I see. I hope he has the talent and mental agility to back it up.