Trump Supports Vote By Mail!

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/02/19/opinion/what-i-saw-at-the-revolution.html

When winding down an exploratory run for president on Ross Perot's Reform Party ticket, Trump notes that he was quite taken by the party's mail-in voting process:

The Reform Party was my chosen vehicle because its nomination process does not involve a long string of early primaries, but instead culminates in one national primary conducted by mail and e-mail in August. Refreshingly democratic, the Reform Party process would lend itself to a candidate with national name recognition and the financial resources to flood the process with new people.

And of course he hate, hate, hated all those crazy conspiracy theorists who thought the Trilateral Commission or a Swiss-Zionist cabal was running things behind the scenes:

I also saw the underside of the Reform Party. The fringe element that wanted to repeal the federal income tax, believed that the country was being run by the Trilateral Commission and suspected that my potential candidacy was a stalking horse for (take your pick) Gov. George W. Bush, Senator John McCain or Vice President Al Gore.

When I held a reception for Reform Party leaders in California, the room was crowded with Elvis look-alikes, resplendent in various campaign buttons and anxious to give me a pamphlet explaining the Swiss-Zionist conspiracy to control America.

Good thing none of those kooks support him now that he's a mainstream Republican candidate!

29 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Anything in 2020 different than it was TWO DECADES ago?  Oh yeah, back them the NY Times still had some credibility. 

For starters:

- Trump wasn't a Republican

- He was "very pro-choice"

- Internet security was in its infancy, yet he thought voting by internet at that point was a wonderful pro-Democratic idea

- He appeared to actually be interested in promoting democracy

So the question for you is: why was voting by mail and electronically a great idea then and a horrible idea now. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

For starters:

- Trump wasn't a Republican

- He was "very pro-choice"

- Internet security was in its infancy, yet he thought voting by internet at that point was a wonderful pro-Democratic idea

- He appeared to actually be interested in promoting democracy

So the question for you is: why was voting by mail and electronically a great idea then and a horrible idea now. 

He finally grew up. Maybe you should follow his lead.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Uh, because fraud.  Occam's razor.  Turning a batteship around in a phone booth is NEVER done by government to the benefit of the electorate.

It's the same bull#### Dummycrats peddle when they pretend requiring an ID is somehow supression.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Uh, because fraud.  Occam's razor.  Turning a batteship around in a phone booth is NEVER done by government to the benefit of the electorate.

It's the same bull#### Dummycrats pedal when they pretend requiring an ID is somehow supression.  

Peddle.  It’s peddle.  And you call other people “dummy?”  Sad! 

42 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's the same bull#### Dummycrats pedal when they pretend requiring an ID is somehow supression.  

It is suppression.  It’s a backdoor poll tax. And an unnecessary impediment to voting.  But it’s cool with you, because you want to disenfranchise just enough people in November to again make America great again.  

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

"Dummycrats"

Are we 6?

This loser uses the word “r*tard” in his profile.  Dummycrats is to be expected from him.  

8 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

It is suppression.  It’s a backdoor poll tax. And an unnecessary impediment to voting.  But it’s cool with you, because you want to disenfranchise just enough people in November to again make America great again.  

This loser uses the word “r*tard” in his profile.  Dummycrats is to be expected from him.  

I'm not voting for Trump, just like I didn't 4 years ago.  I've never voted for a Republican.  You wanna vote?  Buy alcohol?  Get benefits?  Or any of probably 100 other things in America?  Get an ID card. 

Try not to hurt yourself when you fall outta that "woke" tree. 

Liberals are the ultimate bigots. 

8 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Peddle.  It’s peddle.  And you call other people “dummy?”  Sad! 

Good catch.  I was using my tablet to post and we all know how SWYPE works.  Shoulda proof read it.  Such is life.

Now keep up those liberal slogans like "backdoor poll tax" as if none of those people who're being "suppressed" has ever bought alcohol.  Bigotry at its finest.

26 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not voting for Trump, just like I didn't 4 years ago.  I've never voted for a Republican.  You wanna vote?  Buy alcohol?  Get benefits?  Or any of probably 100 other things in America?  Get an ID card. 

Try not to hurt yourself when you fall outta that "woke" tree. 

Liberals are the ultimate bigots. 

Good catch.  I was using my tablet to post and we all know how SWYPE works.  Shoulda proof read it.  Such is life.

Now keep up those liberal slogans like "backdoor poll tax" as if none of those people who're being "suppressed" has ever bought alcohol.  Bigotry at its finest.

Do you know what bigotry means?  Honest question.  

And fill me in why signature match isn't an acceptable form of evidence of identification.  Maybe you have things like, you know, data or evidence with respect to in-person voting fraud that the signature system didn't prevent.  Or it could be that you're just buying in to another Trump hoax and trope with respect to voter ID.  

Perhaps this answers your question about why one needs an ID to purchase alcohol in this country.  There's no signature on file at the grocery store to confirm the identity of the person buying the alcohol.  But there is in the voter registration book created by the board of elections.  So save your tropes for another day.  

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Do you know what bigotry means?  Honest question.  

And fill me in why signature match isn't an acceptable form of evidence of identification.  Maybe you have things like, you know, data or evidence with respect to in-person voting fraud that the signature system didn't prevent.  Or it could be that you're just buying in to another Trump hoax and trope with respect to voter ID.  

Perhaps this answers your question about why one needs an ID to purchase alcohol in this country.  There's no signature on file at the grocery store to confirm the identity of the person buying the alcohol.  But there is in the voter registration book created by the board of elections.  So save your tropes for another day.  

BIGOTRY:  The character or mode of thought of a bigot; obstinate and unreasonable attachment to a particular creed, opinion, practice, ritual, or party organization; excessive zeal or warmth in favor of a party, sect, or opinion; intolerance of the opinions of others

Voter books and signatures in place of PHOTO identification?  That's the hill you're going to try to hold?  The reason PHOTO IDs are required for virtually EVERY meaningful government transaction ON THIS PLANET is they are FAR more accurate than any other thing we currently have AND it's easier for the checker to be accurate with.  It's also the real reason that liberals want NO PART OF IT in the election process.

Try and get into the United States without a valid photo ID.

40 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

BIGOTRY:  The character or mode of thought of a bigot; obstinate and unreasonable attachment to a particular creed, opinion, practice, ritual, or party organization; excessive zeal or warmth in favor of a party, sect, or opinion; intolerance of the opinions of others

Voter books and signatures in place of PHOTO identification?  That's the hill you're going to try to hold?  The reason PHOTO IDs are required for virtually EVERY meaningful government transaction ON THIS PLANET is they are FAR more accurate than any other thing we currently have AND it's easier for the checker to be accurate with.  It's also the real reason that liberals want NO PART OF IT in the election process.

Try and get into the United States without a valid photo ID.

There's a big difference between entering this country and exercising one's right to vote when within this country.  Let's start from the top here.  Do you have any evidence of a critical mass of voter fraud in states that employ a strictly signature-based voter identification system and therefore do not require production of a photo identification as a predicate to the right to vote; yes or no? If so, please provide that evidence.

This is the second time this issue has been raised in this thread, and I'll assume in the absence of evidence in your next post that you acknowledge that there is no such proof, and that your contention that photo identification is necessary to prevent voter fraud is a hoax.   To that extent I'll also assume that you snipe at yourself.  Have a nice day. 

Edited by SectionC3

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

There's a big difference between entering this country and exercising one's right to vote when within this country.  Let's start from the top here.  Do you have any evidence of a critical mass of voter fraud in states that employ a strictly signature-based voter identification system and therefore do not require production of a photo identification as a predicate to the right to vote; yes or no? If so, please provide that evidence.

This is the second time this issue has been raised in this thread, and I'll assume in the absence of evidence in your next post that you acknowledge that there is no such proof, and that your contention that photo identification is necessary to prevent voter fraud is a hoax.   To that extent I'll also assume that you snipe at yourself.  Have a nice day. 

Once again you put your assmudgeonry on full display. There's only one reason why you would promote lesser standards for identifying legal voters. Why is it that democrats always opt for the option that allows for the least election security? Whether it's Black Panthers intimidating conservative voters in Philadelphia or stuffed ballot boxes in California you guys always find the low road.