I just got a speeding ticket in a school zone. Is it worth fighting?

Brennan Huff

50 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I have many interactions with police. My dads side of the family is mostly police or involved in the law in some way. A few of them pretty high up in BPD, ECS and Federal prosecutors. Most of the bad things I’ve witnessed came from the ones patrolling the city of buffalo.  

I have been around a lot of them out of uniform and in. There are a lot more than a few that are bad. They may not be walking around cracking people over their head with a baton or shooting every person that they come across but they do a lot of illegal activities. They’re pretty much the mafia with the governments backing. You need a bookie or a loan? I have a cop for you. You need some weed? There’s a few cops for you. You need some blow? Steroids? Prostitutes? There’s a lot of cops for you. I can go on for a while. They are people like everyone else and can be corrupted by greed. 

I had a decent amount of property scattered around the city until 2017 so I was outside all over the city pretty often. Some neighborhoods much better than others. Seeing all the stuff they do on a daily basis boggles the mind how people just blindly support everything they do. Asking for money to get out of tickets(bribe), stealing money or property out of cars, illegal searches, sexual assault, planting of evidence, racial profiling, assaulting people walking down street, pulling weapons on kids, trespassing, I can go on.  

Not to mention the response time. There was a fight outside my house and one of the people pulled a gun and started shooting wildly hitting houses. Police didn’t show up until the next day. Harassing and threatening residents. 

I tried talking to members of my family to punish the ones that continue to break the law and I was laughed at. Tried to give video evidence of illegal activities by police to them and was turned down but let one of their investigations bring them near one of the properties and they want to look at the cameras. They even protested the DA charging a police officer for breaking the law. That makes them bad and I tell it to their face. 

Now most interactions you won’t see that side of them. They may cut you a break or help out but all it takes is one illegal act to make them bad and a lot have crossed that line and continue to do so. How many extremely horrible people like serial killers have been described by their neighbors as the nicest person in the world that wouldn’t hurt a fly. The real world is a lot different than most people want to believe. 

This is not to take away from the very few that take their oath seriously and are truly here to help. They deserve all the praise they get and then some. But once the department finds out they’re good they’re out the door

@Augie do you need help understanding anything?

IDK, but I know that for some reason(s) we have had very different experiences. That is not shocking at all. We all see life from different points of view, and that is not my point of view. I am NOT saying it’s wrong, it’s just not my experience.  The last time I spoke to a cop in an official capacity they were there to help a couple decades ago. 

Having said that, I’ll refer to the post from Scott and pass on this topic going in that direction. I’m not sure what you're getting at specifically, but I’m tired.  I’d rather focus on football, no offense meant. 

Go Bills! 

Edited by Augie

15 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I was replying to another person that implied I didn’t have many interactions with police. Also this is a thread about a speeding ticket not football so kind of odd that you came to tell on me for not focusing on football in an off the wall thread that’s not about football.

Lol all good man! Have a good night

Go Bills!

Sorry if you took that wrong, it was not what I meant. I wasn’t “telling on anyone”. That was the last thing on my mind. Getting back to football was my point. I’m not going into wayback mode to discover what the backstory was. I was just saying my history with cops is FAR different from yours. Why that is might lead to some very interesting questions and answers, but I’m a bit tired of that stuff these days. It’s important, but I’m tired. 

I wasn’t coming at you personally, just pointing out a difference in experience. I hope you can understand and accept that. 

And to you, also a good night! 

(Edited post above, it was only meant to make the point, not draw attention.That was NOT my intent.) 

Go Bills! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Sorry if you took that wrong, it was not what I meant. I wasn’t “telling on anyone”. That was the last thing on my mind. Getting back to football was my point. I’m not going into wayback mode to discover what the backstory was. I was just saying my history with cops is FAR different from yours. Why that is might lead to some very interesting questions and answers, but I’m a bit tired of that stuff these days. It’s important, but I’m tired. 

I wasn’t coming at you personally, just pointing out a difference in experience. I hope you can understand and accept that. 

And to you, also a good night! 

Go Bills! 

Understood and no offense taken. If someday you want to have that convo shoot me a pm. I have plenty of Interesting experiences good and bad. It’s good to see things from different points of view.

• Like (+1) 1