Josh Rosen - the perfect push

rayray808

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

2 years from now Rosen will be hosting poker games at his home in So Cal with other local bust QBs like Matt Leinart, JP  Losman, Rob Johnson and Mark Sanchez.  

We'll need to have a picture of that to compare with the ever popular 'Dogs Playing Poker' painting. 🧐  Ah, culture!

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So Leftwich wants him after working with him a season, and Arians is willing to give him a shot.  Kind of doesn't mesh with the "spoiled rich kid who lacks work ethic" narrative.

Yeah, I don’t understand where the “ spoiled rich kid” narrative comes from in regards to him as a football player. There are millions of successful people who grew up as “spoiled rich kids”. I think people just don’t take a liking to the guy, and write their own Rosen narrative at this point. He might prove to be a bust, but it’s because he didn’t have the tools to make it (weak arm etc), not because he’s spoiled. 

9 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

2 years from now Rosen will be hosting poker games at his home in So Cal with other local bust QBs like Matt Leinart, JP  Losman, Rob Johnson and Mark Sanchez.  

Maybe, but Bruce Arians thinks there's at least a chance Rosen can make a go of an NFL career.  BTW, I was not one of those who was all in on Rosen before the 2018 draft.  I didn't like him that much.  That hasn't really changes, but I know life throws us surprises now and then.

4 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I don’t understand where the “ spoiled rich kid” narrative comes from in regards to him as a football player. There are millions of successful people who grew up as “spoiled rich kids”. I think people just don’t take a liking to the guy, and write their own Rosen narrative at this point. He might prove to be a bust, but it’s because he didn’t have the tools to make it (weak arm etc), not because he’s spoiled.

Flores said he had the "best arm in camp" (ie stronger than Fitzpatrick, stronger than Tua).  It sounds as though the problem may be between his ears.

We have to take it with somewhat of a grain of salt, but reports are that Rosen had offers to sign with teams on the 53 man roster with a chance to play, but opted for Arians, Leftwich, and the Tampa Bay practice squad.

I think you kind of nailed the real Rosen problem - he may be a decent person at heart, but he's simply not very likeable!!!!  I remember listening to him pre-draft at press conferences and thinking "oh Gawd, if we draft him I'm going to be muting the post game pressers".   It's not that he didn't say stuff that made sense or had valid points.  He just went On and On and On and On though.  I kept waiting for someone to assign 'Crash Davis" to Rosen's "Nuke Laloosh" but it never  improved through the whole pre-draft process. 

Somehow I don't get the impression that after a bad loss where he could have played better, Josh Rosen's WR woulda come up and hugged him.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Flores said he had the "best arm in camp" (ie stronger than Fitzpatrick, stronger than Tua).  It sounds as though the problem may be between his ears.

We have to take it with somewhat of a grain of salt, but reports are that Rosen had offers to sign with teams on the 53 man roster with a chance to play, but opted for Arians, Leftwich, and the Tampa Bay practice squad.

I think you kind of nailed the real Rosen problem - he may be a decent person at heart, but he's simply not very likeable!!!!  I remember listening to him pre-draft at press conferences and thinking "oh Gawd, if we draft him I'm going to be muting the post game pressers".   It's not that he didn't say stuff that made sense or had valid points.  He just went On and On and On and On though.  I kept waiting for someone to assign 'Crash Davis" to Rosen's "Nuke Laloosh" but it never  improved through the whole pre-draft process. 

Somehow I don't get the impression that after a bad loss where he could have played better, Josh Rosen's WR woulda come up and hugged him.

See what I respected about Rosen is he is a rich kid but spoke out about things he saw as injustices when most kids in his shoes won’t care.  https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/josh-rosen-conor-mcdermott-ucla  And I know some people hate him because he speaks out on Trump.  

as for his current attitude, how could he not have a chip on his shoulder?  But I guess if he does really care about being a good nfl player, it’s time for him to prove now.