FedEx Cup Playoffs (golf)

eball

I know some of us follow the tour...the first tourney of the playoffs is this week and today, Scottie Scheffler shot a 59 (-12 on the par 71 layout) and right now Dustin Johnson is on the course at -9 thru EIGHT (yes, eight) holes.  Never seen anything like it.

Edited by eball

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I know some of follow the tour...the first tourney of the playoffs is this week and today, Scottie Scheffler shot a 59 (-12 on the par 71 layout) and right now Dustin Johnson is on the course at -9 thru EIGHT (yes, eight) holes.  Never seen anything like it.

The hell?  Aren't they at TPC Boston?  Have we ever seen scores like that there?

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Hence why I only watch majors and perhaps one or two others throughout the year. I want harder courses!

Wrong answer.  This is about a couple of golfers having phenomenal rounds, not a course that is too easy.

4 hours ago, eball said:

Wrong answer.  This is about a couple of golfers having phenomenal rounds, not a course that is too easy.

Bethpage Black is on the phone for Mr. eball. So is Augusta on a Sunday. Easy peasy.

shoot 59 in a major, and you have my FULL attention.

41 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Bethpage Black is on the phone for Mr. eball. So is Augusta on a Sunday. Easy peasy.

shoot 59 in a major, and you have my FULL attention.

Remember the year they roasted the greens at Shinnecock for the Open and nobody could hold the greens or putt?

I think they had to soak the greens between 3rd and 4th rounds to keep the players from crying.

7 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I agree with Seasons.  I like tournaments where the winning score is somewhere around -6 to -8.  These tourneys where the winners are -20 or so are not that fun for me.  

It's like playing Golden Tee.....if you're not getting birdie on almost every hole you're going to lose.

15 hours ago, snafu said:

Remember the year they roasted the greens at Shinnecock for the Open and nobody could hold the greens or putt?

I think they had to soak the greens between 3rd and 4th rounds to keep the players from crying.

It wasn't dried out..........they killed the grass. It was officially dead. Had to be replanted. Terrible greenskeeping. 

• 2 weeks later...