Batting Average: Rep Score/# of Posts

dubs

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I'm genuinely disappointed. I'm going to have to up my game.⛹️♂️⛹️♂️⛹️♂️⛹️♂️⛹️♂️

You are getting all positive reviews from me, so forget about take no my title! 

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I'm genuinely disappointed. I'm going to have to up my game.⛹️♂️⛹️♂️⛹️♂️⛹️♂️⛹️♂️

...we've known that for quite some time, but nobody wanted to go public.........

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

The premise is flawed. Reputation scores only started a couple of years ago, so if you are somewhat new you have an advantage. Also, if you are active on TSW you can post a funny joke or meme and get a high number of reputation scores. 

I've got the devnest working on version 2.0.  Should be out later this year, hoping the update includes length of time on PPP and activity on TSW.

47 minutes ago, dubs said:

Thought it might be interesting to look at the reputation score relative to the number of posts from various, randomly selected users.  Included myself in the sample.  There are two huge outliers in this data set, @Buffalo_Gal is the clear champion on one end.  I just grabbed a bunch of the posters from a recent thread.  Could be a good addition to the profiles....helpful information, especially for newer people to understand who they are exchanging posts with.

image.png.ce70a7214bb19eb516bb9300de80efb8.png

And yet somehow still have managed to create the illusion of being a large group

by sheer number of creating and responding to posts

Neat trick overall.

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The premise is flawed. Reputation scores only started a couple of years ago, so if you are somewhat new you have an advantage. Also, if you are active on TSW you can post a funny joke or meme and get a high number of reputation scores. 

...so then can I get a refund for the THOUSANDS I paid out to fraudulently boost mine?.....always thought rep points got me skee ball tickets...dammit.............

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then can I get a refund for the THOUSANDS I paid out to fraudulently boost mine?.....always thought rep points got me skee ball tickets...dammit.............

You should have done what DR did...  get banned for a month and login with a shadow account and go back and like every post you ever made.

Edited by bdutton
  • Haha (+1) 3

Question...  Does this mean I can officially tell my wife I’m sponge-worthy?  

Also, is there an official form of some kind that one might receive notarized?  Asking for a friend...

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, RochesterRob said:

This scene never gets old for me.

The whole damn movie never gets old. When it was released to move theaters, I lived in a tiny town that got one movie every week...usually big hits were a few weeks late...but somehow we got The Jerk with everyone else. I actually went to see it at the theater seven nights in a row. 

Not too concerned on the rep points system.  Have something witty and insightful to say on TSW just after somebody starts a thread and you will usually gain 15-20 points.  Also, I think responding to people like Tiberius works against a poster.  I prefer to deal with him just to make a greater point for those who care to read it.  You never know what naive person is out there and lurks versus posts that may need to be set straight on quite a number of issues.  So if I really am hung up over rep points and percentages I could game the system and substantially boost those factors.  I also know how to game the online Monopoly game to win over 3/4's of the time.  I learned a long time ago freshman year in college that such programs are biased by the programmer's own biases.  

Edited by RochesterRob