the plot turns to cement

James (Rochester, NY): Last offseason Joe Gibbs said he needed a veteran QB because he didn't trust a young 2 year NFL vet. And now he can trust a rookie? I'm sorry, but I think the rumor about the Redskins liking Campbell is a smokescreen. I think they really like Matt Jones or Heath Miller (You know how much Gibbs like TEs).

Gary Horton: OK, when you make a trade like this, five or six days out from the draft, it doesn't make sense that you are doing it for a specific player in the draft b/c too many things can happen btwn now and Sat. I don't buy the fact that the Skins wanted another 1st round pick to acquire Jason Campbell b/c why would they wait until draft day when they were on the floor and saw how the flow of the draft was going and could see what their options were. I think Campbell would be there, but there is no way Wash would show their hand to 31 teams and what they were going to do. I don't think Joe Gibbs wants to develop a rookie QB at this stage in his carreer. In my opinion, the Skins have something else -- one of two scenarios ...

Gary Horton: ONE -- they could have acquired the 2nd first round pick to give them ammunition to trade up for a player or make some moves that required extra juice.

Gary Horton: OR TWO (which I think is most likely) -- they may have a veteran in mind to make a trade for b/c this deal seems like another team is dictating i.e. If you go out and get a first round pick we will make a deal for a specific player. I just don't think the Redskins would deal with generalities in the draft, I think they have something specific in mind ... regarding a trade for a vet.

Add to that TD and Modrak have mentioned that they wouldn't even want a top 10 pick this year and that Washington has been mentioned with Clements and that Tampa has entered the travis sweepstakes in a player for player trade and that Barber has been mentioned as a player Tampa is looking to deal.

Why would Washington have made the trade in order to move up in the draft? You would think everyone in front of them would much rather have what they gave Denver than the #25 this year. Who would rather have the #25 this year than Washington's 1st rounder next year? Maybe someone that doesn't have a 1st rounder this year.

Add to that TD and Modrak have mentioned that they wouldn't even want a top 10 pick this year and that Washington has been mentioned with Clements and that Tampa has entered the travis sweepstakes in a player for player trade and that Barber has been mentioned as a player Tampa is looking to deal.

310325[/snapback]

Add to that a comma or a period and your post might be more readable.

Then again, couldn't all that's happened in the last two days be just as indicative of a trade for Charles Woodson?

310347[/snapback]

Would the Raiders still be as interested in trading Woodson now that they have jettisoned Buchanon?

Exactly. People seem to forget that there are thirty, that is 30, other teams in the NFL other than the Bills & Redskins.

310360[/snapback]

But not many of them having a pro-bowl caliber veteran player on the

trading block.

What are the chances Nate is a Bill after this year? I would love to keep him too but I wouldn't bet on him being here after this year. We can't keep letting guys walk without getting something in return. If you can get a 1st rounder for him in a year we don't have a 1st rounder, you gotta take it given that you don't think you can re-sign him.

Since when has Clements been put on the trading block? He is no more on the trading block than Chad Pennington is.

310430[/snapback]

I have given up.. TD says it's a bogus rumor.. Gibbs says no talk of Clements.. A few days from now, this whole thing will get thrown in the "I saw George Siefert airplot" pile..

As far as I know buchanon is still on their team, unless something happenned there and if so, could someone enlighten me?

also, the raiders picked a corner with the last pick in the first round the year we chose willis.

I have given up.. TD says it's a bogus rumor.. Gibbs says no talk of Clements.. A few days from now, this whole thing will get thrown in the "I saw George Siefert airplot" pile..

310465[/snapback]

As oppose to TD and Gibbs letting the rest of the NFL know a trade could go down?

I don't see Clements going anywhere but I also know what TD has said over last few months has zero impact on what will happen Saturday.