New York Yankees

Greg S

Any Yankees fans here? It was a good way to start off the season last night with a 4-1 win over the Nats. Anyone see Fauci's first pitch. Someone joked he must be social distancing the ball from home plate. Anyway it was great to finally see a game again. Let's Go Yankees!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Huge fan.

Honestly, I'm a little sad about it. I watched the game yesterday - this year's team is so stacked.  There is no let-up for opposing pitchers, and Cole looked great.

With both the Bills & Yankees - THIS is the season I've been waiting years for.  It's kind of a bummer that the seasons are so in doubt - but I also plan to enjoy it while I can!  It was great just to watch live sports again.

17 minutes ago, Success said:

Huge fan.

Honestly, I'm a little sad about it. I watched the game yesterday - this year's team is so stacked.  There is no let-up for opposing pitchers, and Cole looked great.

With both the Bills & Yankees - THIS is the season I've been waiting years for.  It's kind of a bummer that the seasons are so in doubt - but I also plan to enjoy it while I can!  It was great just to watch live sports again.

Agree 100%. With the Bills it's going to be disappointing not having fans or a reduced capacity in OP. Especially this year with a TNF and SNF game at home. Bills Mafia would be going nuts all season but especially during the primetime games.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

To say I’m concerned about the starting pitching would be an understatement.  Cole looked a little shaky last night, but quickly got his feet underneath him.  After Cole, Tanaka is the only guy I have any confidence in and he’s getting up there in years.  Happ, Montgomery, Paxton??  Yikes!

I guess we’ll just have to average 8-10 runs per game to stay afloat ??‍♂️

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

To say I’m concerned about the starting pitching would be an understatement.  Cole looked a little shaky last night, but quickly got his feet underneath him.  After Cole, Tanaka is the only guy I have any confidence in and he’s getting up there in years.  Happ, Montgomery, Paxton??  Yikes!

I guess we’ll just have to average 8-10 runs per game to stay afloat ??‍♂️

Monty actually looked pretty amazing preseason (but yeah - so did Peterman).  He bulked up, and his stuff looked crazy good.

It's too bad Severino is out.  He's a perfect #2 - he was never "the ace," but if he was in now, it would be one of the better starting rotations out there.  As it is, it's a lot better than last year - and they came close last year (if Houston hadn't been cheating).