Buchannan traded to Texans

The only thing it means is the Skins can't trade for him. It looks like the Raiders did it quick...like saying screw you . The only good corners left that might be available are Clements and Woodsen.

Well, all it means is that Buchannon isnt going to Washington...I still dont think there is any validity to the Clements trade...considering the Washington Post said there was nothing to it, and none of the major sports media outlets have picked it up makes me think it was just some draft site's little rumor.

Well, all it means is that Buchannon isnt going to Washington...I still dont think there is any validity to the Clements trade...considering the Washington Post said there was nothing to it, and none of the major sports media outlets have picked it up makes me think it was just some draft site's little rumor.

309839[/snapback]

The only report I've read is it's not for pick 13 which means the Texans feel that the top two CBs will be gone by pick 13 including one to Arizona, meaning the Henry for Shelton and swapping of 2nds is still realistic possibility.

It also means Losman's opening day just got harder...

309857[/snapback]

Buchanon is no super-stud...there was a reason the Raiders couldnt get any takers until now when they tried to whore him off in March. The problem with Buchanon is that he's amazingly inconsistent...we could get him when he's playing like a star, or when he's doing a Chris Watson impression.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2041266

There's the story.

The Texans gave the Raiders a 2nd and a 3rd for this guy?

They got a good player, but the Raiders got a steal in this trade.

Although this does not help the Raiders this year, they are giving up all their defensive players to have a potent offense. They will have to score 50+ points a game in order to win.

Good work Al. :rolleyes:

Buchanon is no super-stud...there was a reason the Raiders couldnt get any takers until now when they tried to whore him off in March.  The problem with Buchanon is that he's amazingly inconsistent...we could get him when he's playing like a star, or when he's doing a Chris Watson impression.

309860[/snapback]

Buchanon was a better prospect than any of the cb's in this draft. His failure to emerge as an all-pro type player is a major disappointment. He did provide one of my all-time favorite plays in a game in Buffalo three years ago. He got flattened by a stiff-arm from Moulds, who then proceeded to step on his neck as he ran over him.

Buchanon was a better prospect than any of the cb's in this draft.   His failure to emerge as an all-pro type player is a major disappointment.  He did provide one of my all-time favorite plays in a game in Buffalo three years ago.   He got flattened by a stiff-arm from Moulds, who then proceeded to step on his neck as he ran over him.

309876[/snapback]

But didn't he come back after that to pick off Drew and take it to the house for 80 plus yards?

Buchanon is no super-stud...there was a reason the Raiders couldnt get any takers until now when they tried to whore him off in March.  The problem with Buchanon is that he's amazingly inconsistent...we could get him when he's playing like a star, or when he's doing a Chris Watson impression.

309860[/snapback]

the take out here from a lot of raider fan is that he's all speed and can't cover.

they will be happy he's gone

I think the Raiders made an ingenius move(s). What did they really give up this year? A decent LB, the #7 pick and an inconsistent safety that they didn't want anymore.

If you look at their current team you'll find that they got an offense that can score like an arena league team. They got the most frightening package of WRs, a hard running RB with a competent change of pace 3rd down RB, a strong O-line, and a variety of TEs. Al Davis might need muscle relaxers to keep himself calmed down. The secondary is good it's the front seven that needs an infusion. Well the ivs just arrived. Take a look at their draft picks and tell me if it just doesn't kill you to see this high octane offense get this kind of help in a defensive, backend loaded draft.

2nd rd-#38, #47

3rd rd-#69, #73 or #78 (depends on which 3rd rder Houston gave up)

4th rd-#105

6th rd-#182, #185, #212, #214

That is 9 freakin' draft picks! You think that this defense is going to get a nice shot in the arm? It wouldn't surprise me if they were to trade a couple of those last picks for one decent mid rder.

How about the Broncos? They thought that they were making moves. Ha! They are about to get punished! I just hope all this fanagling inspires Donahoe to become real creative.

the take out here from a lot of raider fan is that he's all speed and can't cover.

they will be happy he's gone

309908[/snapback]

Not in Raider land but I am a raider fan, I feel half and half on this one. He was their best return man, both pr and kr. The bad part is one of their top playmakers is gone, the good part is the picks. With the 7th overall gone they definetly needed some more first day picks. Maybe a trade to move up and grab one of the higher rated linebackers, with Harris goin to minny they do need to bolster the lb corp...alot.

Not in Raider land but I am a raider fan, I feel half and half on this one. He was their best return man, both pr and kr. The bad part is one of their top playmakers is gone, the good part is the picks. With the 7th overall gone they definetly needed some more first day picks. Maybe a trade to move up and grab one of the higher rated linebackers, with Harris goin to minny they do need to bolster the lb corp...alot.

309967[/snapback]

i think someone posted 9 picks. not too bad. should be able to package a couple and get a good player.