“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'll answer.  She needed work from all those white Jews that run Hollywood.  And guess what.  It worked! 

What's the odds Mika and Joe would perform an act of solidarity and utter those words in defense of their friend?  I suspect an ice cubes chance in Hell.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

She knew exactly what she was saying, as she repeated it a few times even with people staring right at her. I’m really not big on canceling people, but she should be off that show immediately and permanently. We ALL now know how she really feels, and yes black people can be blatant racists too! It’s not an exclusive title reserved only for white folk. 

I vehemently disagree.  Let her and the network that her show is on (sorry I have no clue what network carries the View) do whatever they please.  It's up to the public to decide her fate with their TV remotes.  People accuse the guest on Rogan's show of lying.  I'm pretty sure they believed wholeheartedly that what they were saying was fact.  Just as Whoopi feels that what she said was correct.  She wasn't lying.  She wasn't purposefully spreading false information.  She likely felt deep down what she said was true.  She should not lose her job over an opinion on a show that is most likely 90% opinion based.   

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I vehemently disagree.  Let her and the network that her show is on (sorry I have no clue what network carries the View) do whatever they please.  It's up to the public to decide her fate with their TV remotes.  People accuse the guest on Rogan's show of lying.  I'm pretty sure they believed wholeheartedly that what they were saying was fact.  Just as Whoopi feels that what she said was correct.  She wasn't lying.  She wasn't purposefully spreading false information.  She likely felt deep down what she said was true.  She should not lose her job over an opinion on a show that is most likely 90% opinion based.   

Chef....I'm not the producer of The View. I'm only saying what I would do if I was.  And as to the idea that the show is 90% opinion based, then in a country of 330 million people, they should be able to find a replacement pretty darn fast.  With a microphone, comes responsibility.

Edited by SoCal Deek

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef....I'm not the producer of The View. I'm only saying what I would do if I was.  And as to the idea that the show is 90% opinion based, then in a country of 330 million people, they should be able to find a replacement pretty darn fast.  With a microphone, comes responsibility.

Fair enough but I must challenge your last sentence.  Explain.  

The only responsibility is that of the listener to listen, do their research to discern what is fact, opinion and/or lie.  Your conservativism is slipping.  LOL 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Fair enough but I must challenge your last sentence.  Explain.  

The only responsibility is that of the listener to listen, do their research to discern what is fact, opinion and/or lie.  Your conservativism is slipping.  LOL 

My conservatism is not slipping. It is simply not acceptable to make blatantly racist comments on a television show...period.  We still have to have some standards of behavior in a civilized country. And, if you don't think that a regular host on a show doesn't sit through countless hours of training on such things, you are delusional. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My conservatism is not slipping. It is simply not acceptable to make blatantly racist comments on a television show...period.  We still have to have some standards of behavior in a civilized country. And, if you don't think that a regular host on a show doesn't sit through countless hours of training on such things, you are delusional. 

By saying it's not acceptable are you suggesting is should not be allowed?  Those two many times go hand in hand.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

By saying it's not acceptable are you suggesting is should not be allowed?  Those two many times go hand in hand.  

Why is this confusing to you?  As I said, I'm not the producer of the show. It should be unacceptable to the producers!  Is that clear? Or are you just in the mood to argue about the obvious today?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why is this confusing to you?  As I said, I'm not the producer of the show. It should be unacceptable to the producers!  Is that clear? Or are you just in the mood to argue about the obvious today?

It's confusing because you're not clear. See I'm literal why I ask so many questions.  You said "it is unacceptable....."  To whom was my question.  Then you come back in a huff referencing the producers of the show.  Be clear next time and I won't "argue" with you.  You sure Billsy didn't steal your sign in.  

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It's confusing because you're not clear. See I'm literal why I ask so many questions.  You said "it is unacceptable....."  To whom was my question.  Then you come back in a huff referencing the producers of the show.  Be clear next time and I won't "argue" with you.  You sure Billsy didn't steal your sign in.  

Chef....I ALREADY said that my comments were based on what I would do if I was the producer of the show. I'm done here. Have a good rest of the day. This place has become utterly exhausting. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef....I ALREADY said that my comments were based on what I would do if I was the producer of the show. I'm done here. Have a good rest of the day. This place has become utterly exhausting. 

And I'm supposed do know which post/comment is as SoCal Deek the Bills fan and which is SoCal Deek the TV producer?  Good lord dude.  If asking for clarification gets your panties it such a bind I think you ARE losing your conservative edge and slipping into liberal land.  

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And I'm supposed do know which post/comment is as SoCal Deek the Bills fan and which is SoCal Deek the TV producer?  Good lord dude.  If asking for clarification gets your panties it such a bind I think you ARE losing your conservative edge and slipping into liberal land.  

"As I said, I'm not the producer of the show. It should be unacceptable to the producers! "

That looks and sounds pretty clear to me!  

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

"As I said, I'm not the producer of the show. It should be unacceptable to the producers! "

That looks and sounds pretty clear to me!  

No you didn't.  Now you're in Joe Rogan lying/misinformation territory.  Cancel SoCal Deek.  ;) 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No you didn't.  Now you're in Joe Rogan lying/misinformation territory.  Cancel SoCal Deek.  ;) 

Thanks, I've never been cancelled, so I'm kinda looking forward to it. I'm willing to enter into lively debate as much as the next guy but this forum has become utterly over-the-top legalistic at times. It's filled with people that are all too willing to go to the death over the dumbest of stuff.

Whoopi knew exactly what she was saying. It was not a casual slip of the tongue and in-artful phrasing. You cannot tell me that she doesn't know Hitler wanted to exterminate an entire race of people? Of course she does! But it isn't her race, so she doesn't care. She cannot stand the fact that there were times when there were FAR bigger 'victims' than whatever has her first-world pampered woke hair on fire in 2022.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks, I've never been cancelled, so I'm kinda looking forward to it. I'm willing to enter into lively debate as much as the next guy but this forum has become utterly over-the-top legalistic at times. It's filled with people that are all too willing to go to the death over the dumbest of stuff.

Whoopi knew exactly what she was saying. It was not a casual slip of the tongue and in-artful phrasing. You cannot tell me that she doesn't know Hitler wanted to exterminate an entire race of people? Of course she does! But it isn't her race, so she doesn't care. She cannot stand the fact that there were times when there were FAR bigger 'victims' than whatever has her first-world pampered woke hair on fire in 2022.

That’s a boatload of assumptions on your part. My assumption is much simpler and believable.  

Ready?

She’s a dumbass. 

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

That’s a boatload of assumptions on your part. My assumption is much simpler and believable.  

Ready?

She’s a dumbass. 

A coming misconception by those of us who lean conservative. She’s not as dumb as you think. She knew exactly what she was saying. She made the mistake of saying it loud. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

A coming misconception by those of us who lean conservative. She’s not as dumb as you think. She knew exactly what she was saying. She made the mistake of saying it loud. 

You live in Southern California.  You likely know Sam Ruben the entertainment guy on KTLA.  I posted this before and I'll post it again because it's very important to my argument vs yours.  He said his mom who is Jewish and escaped from Nazi Germany always said "only in America do people think race is only about skin color."  Sam's mom's point was that Whoopi is not the only person who thinks this.  She is likely in the majority that truly thought this until this week when people pointed out the error in her thinking.   THAT'S what makes her a dumbass in my mind.  

So tell us Deek.  You're obviously in her mind.  What was she thinking?  

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You live in Southern California.  You likely know Sam Ruben the entertainment guy on KTLA.  I posted this before and I'll post it again because it's very important to my argument vs yours.  He said his mom who is Jewish and escaped from Nazi Germany always said "only in America do people think race is only about skin color."  Sam's mom's point was that Whoopi is not the only person who thinks this.  She is likely in the majority that truly thought this until this week when people pointed out the error in her thinking.   THAT'S what makes her a dumbass in my mind.  

So tell us Deek.  You're obviously in her mind.  What was she thinking?  

It’s neither complicated nor a secret. American blacks have had a longstanding distain for Jews…..I’m honestly not sure why. She’s clearly in that camp. 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s neither complicated nor a secret. American blacks have had a longstanding distain for Jews…..I’m honestly not sure why. She’s clearly in that camp. 

The camp I feel she’s in is the woe is us camp.  The only racism that has ever occurred in the world is whites against blacks. No other race or group of people in the history of the have suffered more than black people. This may seem weird but she seems jealous of the more than 2,000 years of suffering the Jews have endured.   She’s a dumbass for thinking this.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

The camp I feel she’s in is the woe is us camp.  The only racism that has ever occurred in the world is whites against blacks. No other race or group of people in the history of the have suffered more than black people. This may seem weird but she seems jealous of the more than 2,000 years of suffering the Jews have endured.   She’s a dumbass for thinking this.  

You nailed it. Much better said than I could have. The only place we differ is you want to classify her as ‘dumb’. I believe she’s far from it. There’s nobody alive that doesn’t know about Hitler and his dream of a dominant Arian RACE. She’s a flat out racist if she wants to downplay the racial ‘root causes’ of the holocaust. What she said was completely intentional. 

• Thank you (+1) 1