Are yooooou tired of hearing about Race as an American?

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Im trying to carry on a conversation to get to know your point better. Why the snark? That said have not assumed I know anything about you yet first you assume Im a millennial by my screen name then you assume you know my racial leadings because of my age? Now I assume you know my race by my writings? True? 

He's very good at making assumptions.  Almost always wrong.   I think he needs to take his crystal ball to the shop. 

Just now, Koko78 said:

Not the point of the joke.

Sorry.  I'm not following and no need to fill me in either.  

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

It's not about "you" -- it's bigger than individuals. I just want you to listen.

Stupid video full of actors

How much they pay these actors.

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I think I get what you're doing here.  Carry on you racist, boomer, blonde haired, Norwegian, left handed, goat herder. 

Whoa there, easy with the insults. I am NOT left handed!

Jon Stewart from his NYT interview

Or is it more that your intentions with the rally were misguided? At the time, you talked about it as an attempt to encourage some semblance of balance and civility in the way we talked about one another — that the left shouldn’t conflate Tea Partyers and racists, for example. But didn’t that downplay the larger problem of the lunatic fringe on the right being a lot closer to the party’s center than perhaps you wanted to admit? The rally wasn’t about being civil. It was about being precise. The intention was not to suggest that negative things don’t exist or that you shouldn’t fight them, but to be as precise as you can. It’s like the Levittown thing with Bill O’Reilly. He talks all about Levittown: ‘‘That’s where I learned my values. Bootstrapping it. I grew up in Levittown, and we learned that work does it.’’ Well, guess what? The deed to the properties said you were not allowed to sell them to 

Racism is built into this system. But not all the people in it are malevolent and active racists. There is an inert racism that exists, and it’s pernicious, but I don’t believe everybody who’s part of it is evil. So it’s more a question of trying to remove a right-left axis from the conversation and instead create a conversation around conditions. Poverty is poverty. The right will talk about poverty a certain way, and the left will talk about poverty a different way, but poor people are still poor people. They’re still without political power.

18The standard leases, which included an option to buy, for the first houses built by Levitt & Sons in the late 1940s for the Long Island community soon to be called Levittown included a clause barring the houses from being sold to or occupied by nonwhites. The clause was dropped in 1948, but the racial dynamics remained.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/15/magazine/jon-stewart-interview.html

Jon Stewart from his NYT interview

Or is it more that your intentions with the rally were misguided? At the time, you talked about it as an attempt to encourage some semblance of balance and civility in the way we talked about one another — that the left shouldn’t conflate Tea Partyers and racists, for example. But didn’t that downplay the larger problem of the lunatic fringe on the right being a lot closer to the party’s center than perhaps you wanted to admit? The rally wasn’t about being civil. It was about being precise. The intention was not to suggest that negative things don’t exist or that you shouldn’t fight them, but to be as precise as you can. It’s like the Levittown thing with Bill O’Reilly. He talks all about Levittown: ‘‘That’s where I learned my values. Bootstrapping it. I grew up in Levittown, and we learned that work does it.’’ Well, guess what? The deed to the properties said you were not allowed to sell them to 

Racism is built into this system. But not all the people in it are malevolent and active racists. There is an inert racism that exists, and it’s pernicious, but I don’t believe everybody who’s part of it is evil. So it’s more a question of trying to remove a right-left axis from the conversation and instead create a conversation around conditions. Poverty is poverty. The right will talk about poverty a certain way, and the left will talk about poverty a different way, but poor people are still poor people. They’re still without political power.

18The standard leases, which included an option to buy, for the first houses built by Levitt & Sons in the late 1940s for the Long Island community soon to be called Levittown included a clause barring the houses from being sold to or occupied by nonwhites. The clause was dropped in 1948, but the racial dynamics remained.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/15/magazine/jon-stewart-interview.html

10 hours ago, GregPersons said:

It's not about "you" -- it's bigger than individuals. I just want you to listen.

You do know this is a script right? WAIT A MINUTE!!! Are you following a script too? That explains your mantra and the way you are making assumptions about me. Never mind. Our conversations done. You cant have one without adding your cooperate talking points otherwise you dont get paid for this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

You do know this is a script right? WAIT A MINUTE!!! Are you following a script too? That explains your mantra and the way you are making assumptions about me. Never mind. Our conversations done. You cant have one without adding your cooperate talking points otherwise you dont get paid for this. 

Which part do you think is scripted? What do you even mean by "scripted"? Do you mean "produced"? As in, it wasn't an accident that they all were there and so were cameras? That's not the same as "scripted" but good try.

Do you know who Richard Spencer is? Do you think he's playing a character?

Am I a paid actor reciting a script? Interesting. You should put your guess in the Guess Greg's Identity thread. I will tell you your score of how many you get right, but not which ones! 

My favorite thing is how self-revealing these guesses all are... it's inconceivable that it might just be your theoretical neighbor in the Bills community motivated to speak out more based on basic morality. You can't imagine doing anything unless there's a reward for you. It's just interesting. :)

Edited by GregPersons

19 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Which part do you think is scripted? What do you even mean by "scripted"? Do you mean "produced"? As in, it wasn't an accident that they all were there and so were cameras? That's not the same as "scripted" but good try.

Do you know who Richard Spencer is? Do you think he's playing a character?

Am I a paid actor reciting a script? Interesting. You should put your guess in the Guess Greg's Identity thread. I will tell you your score of how many you get right, but not which ones! 

My favorite thing is how self-revealing these guesses all are... it's inconceivable that it might just be your theoretical neighbor in the Bills community motivated to speak out more based on basic morality. You can't imagine doing anything unless there's a reward for you. It's just interesting. :)

• Haha (+1) 2