IF NC to Skins for #9

This is not a criticism, but does anyone know what "market value" for the #9 pick is? Is it significantly lower than what we'd be paying Nate?

I just can't see it being worth it investing all that money in an unproven guy if the figures are anywhere NEAR close. I think NC is one worth paying for.

This is all of course assuming the Skins are even interested.

I don't think the Clements deal would happen unless the Henry for Barber deal was real.  At #9, I would guess a CB or pass rusher based on some of the player rankings out there and who will be available at #9.  I guess Matt Jones could even be a possibility here also.

308767[/snapback]

TH for Ronde? I hadn't heard that one yet.

Clements will probably ask for and get a $15m signing bonus from someone next year. He's a 25 year old Pro Bowl cornerback. Donahoe seems to only dish out that kind of cash to guys who are both excellent players and team leaders (Spikes and Moulds). A #9 pick probably has a signing bonus in the $6-8m dollar range depending on the length of the deal.

I'm guessing a trade down to scoop up some more picks. I hope this doesn't happen though, I like to see us sign talent instead of trying to replace it year after year.

308817[/snapback]

I'll second that one, Two second rounders and an extra thied would be the best bet.

Jeff

I don't know - I haven't considered picks for the Bills at that high spot.

Any thoughts?

308755[/snapback]

It depends.

I think if they could trade up a few spots for a small price (like Henry to someone with the 9) than i'd go with Mike Williams. He'd be just TOO good for TD to pass up. Ditto if he fell to #9.

Otherwise, i'd just see him trade down or maybe pick Alex Barron. But 9 might be a tad high for him.

It depends.

I think if they could trade up a few spots for a small price (like Henry to someone with the 9) than i'd go with Mike Williams. He'd be just TOO good for TD to pass up. Ditto if he fell to #9.

Otherwise, i'd just see him trade down or maybe pick Alex Barron. But 9 might be a tad high for him.

308857[/snapback]

MW would be nice, for sure. Perhaps LB Derrick Johnson might fall to #9, too. Merriman may be there. Maybe even Rolle. S Thomas Davis for sure, but like Barron a bit too high.

Trade down from the #9 pick to around the 15th-25th pick, pick up another 2nd rounder and look for one of the tackles, Barron, Brown, or Barnes

308879[/snapback]

From dribs and drabs I've read, several teams seem to want to trade down, but I can't recall ones that said they want to trade up...takes two to tango.

Likely true, for at least one more season - for myself, if he walks in '06, he walks.

But if it occured, whom might they select? In the #9 spot, not a trade-down.

308933[/snapback]

if this were to happen, one guess would be the best player available barring WR, RB, and QB. they need o-line, d-line, LB (someone who's more of a difference maker than posey) CB, and TE help. however, if they did make the trade, it would seem to me that they're targeting someone. a CB or OT would be my guess.

On the surface, I am against trading NC to the Redskins for the 9th overall pick...

But if the Bills are able to get Ronde Barber out of Tampa Bay, got the 9th pick AND was able to trade down a bit and get more picks, thus fill the OL holes, and maybe even get a top notch TE or even get Nuge....Im all for it then.

Barron, Pack-man, Rolle, Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson, I'd think one of those guys would be there. But didnt TD say if he had a top 10 pick in this draft if he couldnt trade out of it he would pass. Could be BS but i doubt Nate will be traded within the next 5 days, but if he was, for the right deal i wouldnt be totally against it.