Updated ESPN Insider on Travis Henry

Lets trade everybody for future draft picks!!! YaY!!!!! We'll be the youngest team in the NFL but who cares because our fans won't be bored with the draft...  Let Nate atleast finish his contract here as opposed to obtaining picks in one of the shittiest drafts in recent years.

< Rant Off>

307933[/snapback]

That way, we can finally maybe make the playoffs.....right around the time the Jets get their new stadium......

:lol::D

If we were on the cusp of winning the SB this year I'd say keep him. But we're not.

What are you talking about??? We upgraded the only problem on the team, we're going to win the next 4 Superbowls (take THAT Brady!).

CW

I feel that there are a bunch of good football players to be had in the second round. If Clements does get traded for a 9th overall. I think we should trade down into the latter part of the first (saves cap $)for a quality corner ie. Pac Man Jones. Only if we are given a second in return for the trade. Then pick up a quality center or a left tackle then a wr with our 55th pick. And if the Henry to the Eagles deal or the Bucs go through that could give us the potential to have 3, 2nd round picks. I like this alot.

What is all this craziness about trading Nate?

Everyone wants so bad to be clever.  Any more clever and we will be the cleverest 0-16 team in the league.  You do not improve a team by dumping its best players.  You improve a team by keeping its best players and replacing the marginal ones.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fans here tend to over rate him because of the big plays he makes now and then.  What worries me are the plays he makes the other way like not knocking down that 4th down pass against the Jags and fumbling a punt against the Steelers.  Even so, you don't dump a solid CB like Nate if it can be at all avoided.  You just don't. 

Of course, I would have said the same thing about Pat Williams. :D

307995[/snapback]

Mickey, I think that much of this comes down to the fact that we are a small market, cold weather franchise with an owner who although is not cheap, is far less wealthy than his cohorts. Does RW have 15 million to give as a signing bonus, to a cornerback no less? If so, does NC want to play here?

You bring up Pat Williams. Notice that not one but two replacements for him were drafted. Personally, I think that this is the best way for the Bills to go when possible. The team stays young, and the players cost less, at least initially. PW is not going to get any better at his age.

I would like to see the Bills stockpile draft picks, as did NE and the Eagles. Imo, this, and good selections is the best avenue for the Bills to win a superbowl.

I am a fan of NC, but even at that, I am against paying him a huge percentage of the Bills total salary cap allotment. He IS a cornerback. I dont want to see him and Mike Williams approach 20% of the payroll. No, imo, salaries such as this should be reserved for the likes of Peyton Manning, Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, etc., NOT a corner.

Again, jmo.

Guest BackInDaDay
This era DOES favor the offensive player. That's why I don't want to pay him next year what he will command. He's a terriffic CB, but we have to get something for him before he leaves. If we were on the cusp of winning the SB this year I'd say keep him. But we're not. Let's trade him for the best possible deal and move forward.

308020[/snapback]

My remarks were in response to Cincy's about Miami's CB Rolle, not Clements.

What is all this craziness about trading Nate?

Everyone wants so bad to be clever.  Any more clever and we will be the cleverest 0-16 team in the league.  You do not improve a team by dumping its best players.  You improve a team by keeping its best players and replacing the marginal ones.

307995[/snapback]

Welcome to TBD! If you don't hear crap like this at least once a day, then this board is dead!

Mickey, I think that much of this comes down to the fact that we are a small market, cold weather franchise with an owner who although is not cheap, is far less wealthy than his cohorts. Does RW have 15 million to give as a signing bonus, to a cornerback no less? If so, does NC want to play here?

You bring up Pat Williams. Notice that not one but two replacements for him were drafted. Personally, I think that this is the best way for the Bills to go when possible. The team stays young, and the players cost less, at least initially. PW is not going to get any better at his age.

I would like to see the Bills stockpile draft picks, as did NE and the Eagles. Imo, this, and good selections is the best avenue for the Bills to win a superbowl.

I am a fan of NC, but even at that, I am against paying him a huge percentage of the Bills total salary cap allotment. He IS a cornerback. I dont want to see him and Mike Williams approach 20% of the payroll. No, imo, salaries such as this should be reserved for the likes of Peyton Manning, Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, etc., NOT a corner.

Again, jmo.

308129[/snapback]

A point here, though, is that NE and Philadelphia let several of their good players walk away with nothing in return.

Law, Milloy, Trotter, Vincent, Andruzzi, Patten, and Taylor are just some of the guys both these teams released for nothing in return.

The only starter I remember from either team being traded instead of released was Tebucky Jones.

Bledsoe and Feely were traded for high picks, but both of those guys were backups, not starters.

So if the Bills were to act like the SB teams from last year, they'd get all they could out of Clements this year, and then let him go if he asks for too much. It represents a 'win-now' mentality that the Bills will need to embrace to take the next step.

He IS a cornerback. I dont want to see him and Mike Williams approach 20% of the payroll. No, imo, salaries such as this should be reserved for the likes of Peyton Manning, Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, etc., NOT a corner.

Again, jmo.

308129[/snapback]

I think salaries should be reserved for the BEST PLAYERS on the team

irrespective of the position. A CB is as equally important to the team as

a QB.

Personally, I wouldn't take any of these guys over Nate:

Aaron Rodgers* QB, California

Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn

Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan

Mike Williams* WR, USC

Alex Smith* QB, Utah

Antrel Rolle CB, Miami

Carnell Williams RB, Auburn

Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

307947[/snapback]

You are insane, Edwards is going to be a star in this league for 10-12 years. The guy has everything Larry Fitz and Roy had coming out of school. If someone offerred me clements for edwards Id take it NO MATTER WHAT the situation.

You are insane, Edwards is going to be a star in this league for 10-12 years.  The guy has everything Larry Fitz and Roy had coming out of school.  If someone offerred me clements for edwards Id take it NO MATTER WHAT the situation.

308163[/snapback]

Sorry, not on a team that already has Lee Evans and Eric Moulds. That would be about the stupidest move we could possibly make with a hypothetical #9 pick. Same goes for WR Mike Williams. And you have no idea what Edwards is going to turn out to be... We know what Clements is as a player.

You are insane, Edwards is going to be a star in this league for 10-12 years.  The guy has everything Larry Fitz and Roy had coming out of school.  If someone offerred me clements for edwards Id take it NO MATTER WHAT the situation.

308163[/snapback]

Nobody is a sure thing in the NFL, especially for 10-12 years in the future. Peyton Manning was as sure a thing as there is in the NFL (size, pedigree, skills, school, experience, national championship, smarts) and still most GMs thought Ryan Leaf was a better prospect.

I feel that there are a bunch of good football players to be had in the second round.  If Clements does get traded for a 9th overall.  I think we should trade down into the latter part of the first (saves cap $)for a quality corner ie. Pac Man Jones.  Only if we are given a second in return for the trade.  Then pick up a quality center or a left tackle then a wr with our 55th pick.  And if the Henry to the Eagles deal or the Bucs go through that could give us the potential to have 3, 2nd round picks.  I like this alot.

308049[/snapback]

wow, i feel so much better about those second round players now. thanks eagle eye.

fyi. jones will go top 10

Personally, I wouldn't take any of these guys over Nate:

Aaron Rodgers* QB, California

Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn

Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan

Mike Williams* WR, USC

Alex Smith* QB, Utah

Antrel Rolle CB, Miami

Carnell Williams RB, Auburn

Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

307947[/snapback]

Except Antel Rolle... He will be solid. One thing I am hoping for from this years draft is to lock our plyayers up to 6yr deals, instead of these 4 and 5 yr deals donahoe typically signs.

Question for the board:

Has anyone seen in print from a credible source (or even the Buffalo Snooze) that the Bills are talking about a deal with the Redskins for Nate, or is this all wild speculation????  :w00t:

308481[/snapback]

Considering this is draft week and every team will be posturing, why would

there be any credible source of such a deal. Even the newspaper guys are

probably speculating as that is what makes this whole thing interesting.