Sape fans take note

JoeF

STOCK RISING: The Bills are excited about the development of DT Lauvale Sape. Although he has played in just two games in two years, the team believes he could work his way into the defensive line rotation with a strong spring. Sape (6-1, 296) doesn't have great size, but he is a high-effort player who is strong, physical and tenacious. He has worked hard on improving his technique, getting off the line quickly and using his hands to fight off blockers. The team believes Sape has plenty of upside and will be given a chance to earn a more prominent role on defense.

All the more indication that we're taking a DT on Day 1.

307530[/snapback]

We are or not? By the way Astro--excellent work on your mocks and trades...good stuff....you and Rich are to the draft what clumpy is to the cap.

All the more indication that we're taking a DT on Day 1.

307530[/snapback]

I can't see us taking a DT on Day 1. If a quality guy falls to Round 4 then maybe but honestly the earliest I could us taking a DT would be Round 5. As would have to think Adams, Edwards and Anderson will get the bulk of the rotation and Bannan, although think he should be replaced, has shown to be a serviceable 4th guy off the bench.

I can't see us taking a DT on Day 1. If a quality guy falls to Round 4 then maybe but honestly the earliest I could us taking a DT would be Round 5. As would have to think Adams, Edwards and Anderson will get the bulk of the rotation and Bannan, although think he should be replaced, has shown to be a serviceable 4th guy off the bench.

307539[/snapback]

Oh man, I totall forgot about Edwards!

Adams, Edwards, Anderson, Sape, and Bannan is a pretty decent roation. Certainly good enough to spend our 2nd rounder on a pick of higher need.

Oh man, I totall forgot about Edwards!

Adams, Edwards, Anderson, Sape, and Bannan is a pretty decent roation.  Certainly good enough to spend our 2nd rounder on a pick of higher need.

307558[/snapback]

I thought Bannan was now listed as a guard on the team and had his number changed to reflect this?

Thanks JoeF for the info, it's great to hear. I think I better rethink our 1st pick. Maybe it will be a CB afterall.

Oh by the way, I really enjoyed reading your cleverness on draft scenarios and trades in a couple of different posts. Keep up the creativity. If not for nothing it makes for great reads and it's lots of fun!

I thought Bannan was now listed as a guard on the team and had his number changed to reflect this?

307563[/snapback]

Yeah I saw that on the roster page, so it could indicate we might be looking for someone to replace him but still he is/was our 4th DT who could easily be replaced by a 2nd day pick. Ronald Fields is a guy who could be worth looking at.

I dunno... listening to the audio of the Bills' scouts at bb.com, it seems to me they're really, really high on Patterson, the DT from USC. He sounds like a Pat Williams clone - undersized, but explosive as hell and very coachable. If he's there when we pick in Round 2, we may pounce...