There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

Gal, I just posted in the pandemic thread that almost two thirds of the country had less than ten Covid deaths yesterday. And I’m betting over half of those were very elderly people. Churches can’t worship because of why exactly?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Gal, I just posted in the pandemic thread that almost two thirds of the country had less than ten Covid deaths yesterday. And I’m betting over half of those were very elderly people. Churches can’t worship because of why exactly?

I think that is why they went to court... unequal under the lock down. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think that is why they went to court... unequally under the lock down. 

Agreed. If Home Depot can meter the number of people going in to but power tools, I believe churches, who have armies of greeters at the door, can easily do the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Agreed. If Home Depot can meter the number of people going in to but power tools, I believe churches, who have armies of greeters at the door, can easily do the same. 

....OR.....what was wrong with "outdoor services in one's vehicle"?........think about how many people only have their faith to cling to......that the Joel Osteen's of the world exploit the hell out of......$75 mil/yr in revenues?.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....OR.....what was wrong with "outdoor services in one's vehicle"?........think about how many people only have their faith to cling to......that the Joel Osteen's of the world exploit the hell out of......$75 mil/yr in revenues?.......

It is why ticketing the people in cars in a church parking lot was so egregious. If you are in your vehicle and listening to the minister preach, what could be wrong with that?

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It is why ticketing the people in cars in a church parking lot was so egregious. If you are in your vehicle and listening to the minister preach, what could be wrong with that?

I've highlighted what's wrong with that.  

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

..because the power mongering progressive libs despise religion....FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not that smart so I have to ask.........how does going to an APPROVED drive-in movie differ from going to a drive-in religious service?.....no popcorn??.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure where you are going with that...

Religion is bad and we must stop it at all costs. 

Edit:  BTW I’m a non-believer and think it’s silly but would never hold anything against those that are. 

Edited by Chef Jim

Self-inflicted destruction of America, all for nought

By Carol Brown

Stats now show that the mortality rate for the coronavirus is hardly more than the seasonal flu. And when this is all over, it may even be less.

Trump was right all along. But the left mocked him as they elevated Dr. Anthony Fauci to sainthood. It turns out, this “expert” deceived us all.

The mortality rate for the coronavirus dropped from WHO’s estimate of 3.4% to 2% to Fauci claiming it was 1%, and therefore ten times deadlier than the seasonal flu. (He plucked the 1% figure out of thin air, since there was insufficient data to make such a claim).

Now we learn that the overall mortality rate for this virus is not 3.4% or 2% or even 1% Instead, the mortality rate is around .26%.

Yes, you read that right. .26%.

Per a recent report at PJ Media, the current CDC numbers for coronavirus mortality rates, broken down by age group, are as follows:

• 0-49 years old: .05%
  • 50-64 years old: .2%
  • 65+ years old: 1.3%
  • Overall ages: .4%

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/selfinflicted_destruction_of_america_all_for_nought.html#ixzz6NN3ydrv2

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Religion is bad and we must stop it at all costs. 

Edit:  BTW I’m a non-believer and think it’s silly but would never hold anything against those that are. 

I am also a non-believer, but I think what has been done to churches and those who do have faith during this "crisis" is criminal.

• Like (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am also a non-believer, but I think what has been done to churches and those who do have faith during this "crisis" is criminal.

...exactly and respectfully as a non-believer......despite a Catholic upbringing and Cathloic HS, I lost my faith years ago....but for some, faith is ALL they have and in these extraordinary times, you take THAT away from them?....repulsive but the progressive way.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not just during this crisis but how believers have been treated in general the past several years has been criminal.  Something about clinging to their guns and bibles. .....

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...exactly and respectfully as a non-believer......despite a Catholic upbringing and Cathloic HS, I lost my faith years ago....but for some, faith is ALL they have and in these extraordinary times, you take THAT away from them?....repulsive but the progressive way.......

But how is this possible.  I thought all us conservative pro-lifers were bible thumpers.  

46 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not just during this crisis but how believers have been treated in general the past several years has been criminal.  Something about clinging to their guns and bibles. .....

But how is this possible.  I thought all us conservative pro-lifers were bible thumpers.  

...the closet is my sanctuary....shhhh........

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Still waiting to hear what great things the POTUS has accomplished...

I shared a couple of accomplishments (which is how you phrased it) one of which you completely ignored so I stopped.