One of the darkest days in Bills history. I’ll never forgive Ralph.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:29 PM, SoTier said:

They might agree to a deal but they can't actually sign a deal until after they are drafted. 

Wasn't your original point that he was a holdout?  Agreement in principal or signed deal...  Neither equates to a lengthy hold out.

On 3/15/2020 at 6:52 AM, dwight in philly said:

Totally agree , up until the Sabres trade of Ryan O'Reilly , this ranks as the worst trade in Buffalo sports history by far.. 

You may have forgotten the Buffalo Braves trading Bob McAdoo to the Knicks for John Gianelli and cash.

26 minutes ago, ColeB said:

You may have forgotten the Buffalo Braves trading Bob McAdoo to the Knicks for John Gianelli and cash.

For sure! did forget that one but remember it well!  Thats when  they dismantled the Braves.. a team that was awesome and if not for that horrible call to allow Jo Jo White to go to the free throw line in 76 , in game six against the Celtics .. Braves could have won it all that year ..  

On 3/15/2020 at 4:09 AM, Chandler#81 said:

C7E32FBF-5CE4-410B-9A08-C0E1EAA5BC1C.jpeg

That trade was along the lines of letting briere and drury slip away. Devastating and the start of hell for the franchise. A very good young QB in his prime for a 31 yr old tight end and a completely no talent QB named Tom Flores.

8 hours ago, corta765 said:

I have hard time saying I blame Ralph. Buffalo swung and miss but it seems that at the time the move made sense and was of fair value. If it is true also that the Lamonica had an affair or they had concerns on his medical health then it makes even more sense. Unfortunately with trades sometimes they work great, sometimes they are equal, and sometimes they are a disaster. Buffalo missed with Darryl but we hit homeruns with Bennett, McCoy, and Jerry Hughes to a lesser extent.

with buffalo in the long haul---they generally did NOT work...hence the loser of a franchise that we have had.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:41 AM, SoTier said:

No college player can sign with any NFL team until after the NFL draft.   Bruce Smith was the #1 over all pick in 1985, which the Bills owned because of their crappy record the previous season.  Flutie was taken in the 11th round (#285) of the LA Rams.

I think that Smith rejected the WFL as an option, so the Bills drafted him, but he couldn't have been signed before the draft.   First round draft picks holding out into some time into TC was very common before the rookie salary cap went into effect about 2010 or so.

Bruce did indeed sign ( or Agreed to a contract)  before the draft. The top pick could sign early. Look it up. And it was the usfl for Kelly not wfl.

Edited by 4th&long