McBeane Approval Rating?

Aproval Rating of the Administration  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Through 3 years, and on the cusp of a huge offseason, where is your approval rating for the McBeane admin?

• 0-20
    • 21-40
    • 41-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100

On 3/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, Mr. WEO said:

You can't blame me for you misuse of the term "shrewd", which you specifically chose to describe those moves.  They were anything but.

Wrong, yet again...

Dude, that's an opinion you have. Doesn't make you right or him wrong. That high horse you're on is really a shetland pony.

30 minutes ago, Dopey said:

He asked about the Beane and McDermott administration(McBeane). I took it as how are they doing together? You don't have to play.

Then you give a lower score.

So am I supposed to judge their relationship? It feels like it’s a stable relationship. Both are a little hard on the outside but they have a soft inside (especially McDermott). He feels kind of “ride or die.” I’d say that McDermott is pretty loyal. Beane feels like a bit of a player. I don’t want him to hurt Sean but think it’s possible.

• Haha (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Dude, that's an opinion you have. Doesn't make you right or him wrong. That high horse you're on is really a shetland pony.

How did those 3 turn out to be shrewd choices?  Maybe you are using that word in a new way that I am not familiar way?

47 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So am I supposed to judge their relationship? It feels like it’s a stable relationship. Both are a little hard on the outside but they have a soft inside (especially McDermott). He feels kind of “ride or die.” I’d say that McDermott is pretty loyal. Beane feels like a bit of a player. I don’t want him to hurt Sean but think it’s possible.

Good one.

So back to the op's question. How are they doing as an admin? If you can't answer without separating them, just leave it for those that can. If he wanted your thoughts on coaching alone or management alone, he would have said so.

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Good one.

So back to the op's question. How are they doing as an admin? If you can't answer without separating them, just leave it for those that can. If he wanted your thoughts on coaching alone or management alone, he would have said so.

I didn’t vote. I have different scores for each of them. It’s the same way that I have a different score for John Brown and Ed Oliver. They have totally different jobs. My perception of them isn’t intertwined. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How did those 3 turn out to be shrewd choices?  Maybe you are using that word in a new way that I am not familiar way?

No, I'm using it as it's defined. Pretty sure he was too. Which leads back to it's his opinion they were shrewd and your opinion they're not. And it still doesn't make you right or him wrong. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn’t vote. I have different scores for each of them. It’s the same way that I have a different score for John Brown and Ed Oliver. They have totally different jobs. My perception of them isn’t intertwined. 

We know.

Brown and Oliver don't have to collaborate to be successful. McBeane does.

I'm of the opinion they're working well together. That's the question. He didn't ask how they're doing separately. You're making this a lot harder than it has to be. 

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

We know.

Brown and Oliver don't have to collaborate to be successful. McBeane does.

I'm of the opinion they're working well together. That's the question. He didn't ask how they're doing separately. You're making this a lot harder than it has to be. 

They don’t though. As someone that spent 8 years in pro sports they do different things. We shouldn’t be lumping them together.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They don’t though. As someone that spent 8 years in pro sports they do different things. We shouldn’t be lumping them together.

One is a coach, one is a gm, we get it. When it comes to putting this team together, they collaborate. Denying this is just being argumentative. 

18 minutes ago, Dopey said:

One is a coach, one is a gm, we get it. When it comes to putting this team together, they collaborate. Denying this is just being argumentative. 

Not being argumentative, I’m just applying common sense. They have different jobs!!  Of course they collaborate but that doesn’t mean that they are equal at their job. McDermott may like a certain player or type of player but he doesn’t decide that. Beane adds the guy(s) that he and his staff think are best. Beane may like a certain play or style of play but McDermott makes that call. 

When we look at Pegula’s other team we never refer to the “Brueger Administartion.” We judge the job that Botterill is doing and the job that Krueger is doing. Pretty much everyone gives Botterill a poor grade but not everyone would give Krueger the same score. Most would agree it’s tough to lump them together because the perception is Krueger is better at his job (coaching the team) than Botterill is at his (assembling the team).

Maybe people don’t realize how different their jobs are but they aren’t even in the same department. Beane’s day is spent with the football ops staff like Schoen, Gaine, Morgan and the scouts. McDermott’s day is spent with Daboll, Fraizer, players and coaches. The truth is there are probably 20 people that have more of a say in personnel than McDermott. There are probably 20 people that have more of a say in the style of play than Beane. 

My point is, and always will be, that they need to be judged on what they’ve done. They have equally important jobs and are both doing well. That doesn’t mean that Beane and McDermott are the exact same. 

46 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not being argumentative, I’m just applying common sense. They have different jobs!!  Of course they collaborate but that doesn’t mean that they are equal at their job. McDermott may like a certain player or type of player but he doesn’t decide that. Beane adds the guy(s) that he and his staff think are best. Beane may like a certain play or style of play but McDermott makes that call. 

When we look at Pegula’s other team we never refer to the “Brueger Administartion.” We judge the job that Botterill is doing and the job that Krueger is doing. Pretty much everyone gives Botterill a poor grade but not everyone would give Krueger the same score. Most would agree it’s tough to lump them together because the perception is Krueger is better at his job (coaching the team) than Botterill is at his (assembling the team).

Maybe people don’t realize how different their jobs are but they aren’t even in the same department. Beane’s day is spent with the football ops staff like Schoen, Gaine, Morgan and the scouts. McDermott’s day is spent with Daboll, Fraizer, players and coaches. The truth is there are probably 20 people that have more of a say in personnel than McDermott. There are probably 20 people that have more of a say in the style of play than Beane. 

My point is, and always will be, that they need to be judged on what they’ve done. They have equally important jobs and are both doing well. That doesn’t mean that Beane and McDermott are the exact same. 

From the posts I read, people here get it. You're not giving folks here enough credit. Thank you for your answer though. McBeane are doing well(together). Pulling teeth would have been easier. I think we're done here. Unless you want the final word. Have at it.

Edited by Dopey

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

No, I'm using it as it's defined. Pretty sure he was too. Which leads back to it's his opinion they were shrewd and your opinion they're not. And it still doesn't make you right or him wrong. 

No  it's your opinion-he didn't mention how shrewd he was. 

Mine opinion is that, based on the definition of the word, it wasn't.  You've given no evidence as to why you think it was.

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

From the posts I read, people here get it. You're not giving folks here enough credit. Thank you for your answer though. McBeane are doing well(together). Pulling teeth would have been easier. I think we're done here. Unless you want the final word. Have at it.

Yeah, I’ll take it. That’s the same thing that I said in my first post on the topic. I’m happy with the job that each of them is doing with their respective roles. Each of them has separate and distinct responsibilities without a ton of overlap. Maybe I’m not giving people enough credit but there isn’t NEARLY the overlap that some people think. The real overlap is coaches w/coaches and GM w/ personnel department. Joe Schoen has a WAY, WAY, WAY bigger role in assembling the roster than McDermott (as an example). That’s my issue with lumping them together but I get it. As a football operations department (not just Beane and McDermott) it’s a strong group. They have a lot of talent in those respective groups and have done a really nice job since coming here. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know how anyone could rate McD lower than a 9 out of 10.

Year 1 They got great value for the often injured and somewhat malcontent duo of Darby and Watkins, drafted 3 starters (White, Dawkins, and Milano), signed Hyde, Poyer, and Haush, all while getting the team back to the playoffs and completely changing the perception of the team. The only bad mistake they made was the KB trade which was the right move philosophy wise (Adding a WR to a team off to a hot start) but just didn't come with the right player. 

Year 2 They properly assesses the need for a continuing of a rebuild, getting excellent value for Tyrod and Cordy Glenn, while getting a young QB to try and build around while drafting 3 additional defensive starters (Edumonds, Phillips, and T.Johnson.) The team uses 2018 to put into place key young players at critical positions while getting the team out of a bad cap situation. The only major mistake (I would qualify the Murphy and Star signings as smaller mistakes) was the completely crap handling of the QB situation in front of Josh. Just a tragic mistake. 

Year 3 The first off-season with meaningful cap space and they knock it out of the park. Completely rebuild the O-line with only one major acquisition (Mitch) with the rest of the starters coming from either a draft pick (Cody) or mid-level to lower level acquisitions. The WR core which had zero talent was given a great boost with the Brown and Beasley acquisitions which didn't break the bank. The draft added good talent to both lines (Ed Oliver and Cody) while adding a quality young RB and some tight ends with potential. 

In 3 years McBeane has made the playoffs twice, they have a young QB in place with 2 years and a 5th year option on his deal, a ton of cap space to supplement a 10 win team (that easily could have been an 11 game team had that 11th win meant anything) and a lot of other young talent on the roster while having all of their own future picks going forward. Have they been perfect? No but no regime is, overall I don't see how you can't give them a 90 or above.