A Photographic Look at the 60's and 70's

T&C

On 9/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, Wacka said:

Wegmans didn't come to Buffalo until around 1980 or later. The big stores were Tops, Super Duper. and Bells.

Yep, true. 

I lived on Southgate, so we were at Bell's a LOT as a kid for random stuff thru the week. The Wegmans off Ridge was the main go-to. My dad liked the Tops on OP Road and very rarely, we'd stop into the Super Duper on Center. Small. Seemed from another time, and that was in the 80's.

5 hours ago, T&C said:

Fun & Games Park in Tonawanda, early 70's. 

Image may contain: outdoor

Glue not included... although, this kid looks like he's having a good time with it.

Image may contain: 1 person

I had a friend that would blow up his model ships in the swimming pool around Ju;y 4th.  His mother would really yell at him for getting sharp plastic pieces on the pool bottom. Knew someone that  became an artist that would  make model planes,  and mount them o a board, but would  make it look like it crashed with bullet holes and  burnt parts.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I had a friend that would blow up his model ships in the swimming pool around Ju;y 4th.  His mother would really yell at him for getting sharp plastic pieces on the pool bottom. Knew someone that  became an artist that would  make model planes,  and mount them o a board, but would  make it look like it crashed with bullet holes and  burnt parts.

Closest I can come to that was when we were kids...70'ish... we all would bring our hot wheels tracks to one kids house. Then, we would lay out like 80' feet of it all the way down the driveway, propped up with whatever was around for the up and down effect. Pour the dads lighter fluid on the least liked car you had, or a beater.. light that thing up with a match and let it roll. We actually used to do this with slot cars too but that usually involved trouble from a parent.

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

John Lennon, Harry Nilsson, Alice Cooper, Mickey Dolenz and Mackenzie Phillips - maybe the greatest 70s pic ever?

Lennoncooperharryalice.jpg

That is pretty cool, have never seen that one before. 

I've always like this one, yours reminded me of it... Big Sur 1968: 

Mama Cass, Joni Mitchell, Judy Collins and Joan Baez 1968 OMG!! I wish I  was there!!!!! | Joan baez, Folk festival, Singer

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/30/2020 at 4:45 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

John Lennon, Harry Nilsson, Alice Cooper, Mickey Dolenz and Mackenzie Phillips - maybe the greatest 70s pic ever?

Lennoncooperharryalice.jpg

Alice with his Bud. Was Mckenzie legal yet?

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I do not remember Bewitched playing on Saturday morning.  I do remember loving Jonny Quest.

I recall Johnny Quest premiered as a Friday evening cartoon aimed at older children, and aghast Berry Bluerinses writing letters to the editor to protest.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.