Streaming Stinkers: Netflix, Prime, etc

/dev/null

there was one spy film on netflix where Sidney Poitier was a CIA guy trying to break up a spy ring in Russia. After a few minutes I'm going "Russia is one o the most caucasian countries in the world. I think an African American CIA agent might stand out just a little." I turned it off. Credibility fail.

Tried watching The Expanse on Amazon cuz I heard good things and in general am a big Sci Fi guy.. fell asleep halfway through the first episode because it was so boring.  Is this show good?

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Witcher is a stinker in a lot of ways, yet I've watched 5 episodes I think and I'll keep watching.

Watch the whole season.  The timeline is kind of messy but ties out pretty good and I think in totality the 1st season is solid.  

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Tried watching The Expanse on Amazon cuz I heard good things and in general am a big Sci Fi guy.. fell asleep halfway through the first episode because it was so boring.  Is this show good?

First season is good.  But the books get worse as the series goes on and the show suffers as well.  The author focused way too much on world building and the plot falls apart as a result.

I'm currently watching "see" on Apple TV. It's a really interesting concept, a virus destroys almost all of humanity, and the remaining survivors are all blind and their children are all born blind. Not sure I'll be able to get through the whole season, but we'll see (no pun intended) 

53 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm currently watching "see" on Apple TV. It's a really interesting concept, a virus destroys almost all of humanity, and the remaining survivors are all blind and their children are all born blind. Not sure I'll be able to get through the whole season, but we'll see (no pun intended) 

Didn't Sandra Bullock do something like this on Netflix a few years ago?

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

there was one spy film on netflix where Sidney Poitier was a CIA guy trying to break up a spy ring in Russia. After a few minutes I'm going "Russia is one o the most caucasian countries in the world. I think an African American CIA agent might stand out just a little." I turned it off. Credibility fail.

This reminds me of a joke Trevor Noah did on one of his stand-ups where he talks about people complaints about James Bond being replaced by someone black and how it wouldnt work having a black British spy running around Scotland or Russia, trying to get away from bad guys chasing him through 'very caucasian' areas of the world....

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Didn't Sandra Bullock do something like this on Netflix a few years ago?

Kind of, you're referring to birdbox. This is a bit different. This is set way in the future, but since everyone is blind and their isn't many left on the earth, they live more like it's the pre modern age (no electricity, cars etc). 

Hope you weren't planning on streaming the Super Bowl with Roku's Fox channels

https://www.inputmag.com/culture/roku-will-stop-offering-fox-channels-to-users-on-february-1

Without giving users a justification, Roku just announced via mass email that after January 31, 2020, all Fox "standalone" channels with no longer be available on the service's streaming boxes or TVs equipped with its software. The email states that "You can still watch FOX channels through these services: FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, SlingTV, YouTube TV and other live TV services," and goes on to add that "If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to receive FOX over the air with an antenna."