Henry/Eagles Trade Rumor

Buffalo asked for a second rounder but would probably take a third-rounder or even a fourth that would move up to a third if Henry met certain incentives.

See that's where the article loses all credibility for me. There's no way Henry is leaving for a fourth round draft pick. Donahoe would rather see him rot on the bench than give him up for that. At least I hope he would.

See that's where the article loses all credibility for me.  There's no way Henry is leaving for a fourth round draft pick.  Donahoe would rather see him rot on the bench than give him up for that.  At least I hope he would.

305648[/snapback]

I think you're right. I doubt Donahoe has much interest in trading Travis Henry for much less than he has invested in him, which is a late 2nd round pick. Accepting significantly less than a break-even trade would be almost an admission of defeat, and Donahoe doesn't strike me as the type who admits defeat often.

Didn't they get rid of Buckalter recently?

305742[/snapback]

PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) - One down one to go for the Philadelphia Eagles.

With restricted free agent Brian Westbrook still unsigned, the defending NFC champions took the first step in shoring up their backfield rotation by re-signing running back Correll Buckhalter to a two-year contract on Wednesday.

Buckhalter, 26, scored a career-high nine touchdowns in 2003 as part of Philadelphia's three-headed running back attack with Westbrook and Duce Staley. After Staley went to Pittsburgh in search of a feature back role, Buckhalter was expected to be the Eagles' primary running threat but his 2004 season was cut short before it really began.

He tore the patellar tendon in his right knee in Philadelphia's second preseason game against Baltimore on August 20. He had surgery three days later and missed the entire regular season and the Eagles' first run to the Super Bowl in over 20 years.

"Correll has been a very productive back in our offense and we're glad to have him back in the mix," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "His rehabilitation process is going well and we expect him to contribute during the 2005 season."

The team's fourth-round draft choice in 2001, Buckhalter has rushed for 1,128 yards and 10 TDs on 255 carries.-3/2/05 per kffl.com