Hedge

The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

... Nothing to see here, just NBC parroting CCP statistics without a disclaimer. Why? 

Because NBC Universal is the worst one. Always has been.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Never said they all would.

But IF (again, there's that word) this is a major pathway for the COVID to cause harm, it could SUBSTANTIALLY raise the survival rate as chloroquine (sp?) can be prescribed for most patients as soon as the virus is suspected (provided the supply chain is fixed/set) preventing major damage that would have progressed beyond treatment before it can begin.  And by adding things like blood transfusions as part of the treatment for severely afflicted patients prior to going on a ventillator.

And, this also MIGHT explain partially why young children don't seem to be as affected as adults, especially older adults.  They can produce red blood cells a lot more efficiently than the elderly can as they as still growing.

By the way, that article about the O2 is not a doctor. Just some guy posting under an anonymous username on a site that allows anyone to publish. So we might want to follow a better spirit guide on this path. I'm not saying he's totally wrong, but more just this: Who knows. 

Just now, shoshin said:

By the way, that article about the O2 is not a doctor. Just some guy posting under an anonymous username on a site that allows anyone to publish. So we might want to follow a better spirit guide on this path. I'm not saying he's totally wrong, but more just this: Who knows. 

What part of IF is the difficult to understand part?

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

What part of IF is the difficult to understand part?

I am not arguing with you or him. It's just that our unqualified armchair speculation is based on someone else's unqualified armchair speculation. It's a triple-internet-hearsay logic error and I'm noting I'm guilty of it because I also was interested in his conclusions until I saw the website and the "author."

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Forget the midnight angle.  Full body HAZMATS?

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I am not arguing with you or him. It's just that our unqualified armchair speculation is based on someone else's unqualified armchair speculation. It's a triple-internet-hearsay logic error and I'm noting I'm guilty of it because I also was interested in his conclusions until I saw the website and the "author."

Without triple-internet-hearsay logic error there wouldn't be a deep state, though

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

My thought was they're Chinese made and likely not effective -- so I can see Chinese docs overdoing it knowing that.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, GG said:

Not much evidence to go on from a video that could be from anytime by anyone doing something that might not be covid related. 

I am sure the Chinese are full of ***** though. 

Edited by shoshin

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

There is definitely a shortage if you count people needing to re-use old masks and use makeshift PPE. That is 100% happening and until this hit, was considered unthinkable.

It's what we have to do right now, but it is real. I don't have a doctor friend locally who isn't seeing it. And our healthcare for things that are considered "nonessential" procedures is in the shitter right now. Coming out of this, we will have a different kind of healthcare crisis where a lot of people are sicker than they were before this started from many other things. My wife's patients are starting to have really serious issues and getting triage treatments in their homes. It is a long ways from ideal. 

I'm not a doom-and-gloom guy on CV-19. I think it's under control and going away. But there are secondary effects coming. No rainbows and unicorns as we come out of this, and we have to be really careful this doesn't happen twice.  

My neighbor's 7 month old girl is having an open heart operation on Thursday, which if successful, will give her time to an age 7 surgery, which would be her last they hope. She will be hospitalized for two weeks. Best doctors in the world. Best health system in the world. But even still, the support around the baby will not be the same as an operation that took place when she was born. They've been told this. 

My prayers for the little one. My daughter had open heart surgery at four months. It’s a terrible ordeal for everyone. My daughter is now 37. I have very high regard for pediatric cardiovascular surgeons and their teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Edgy. What else do you believe that the media tells you?

That you shouldn't take journalists out Soviet style like you suggested.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Can we encourage people with "vests" to mingle with them?

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well of COURSE they're gonna tell you that.

They don't want to have their bull#### silenced.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not saying this isn't true, but I had followed this particular Twitter feed in Jan/Feb. She doesn't (or at least didn't) vet anything before posting and has posted numerous videos claiming to be something it's not, getting corrected by others in the comments (and the corrections panned out). I don't get the feeling she is being intentionally dishonest, but she was very sloppy in her reporting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I'm not saying this isn't true, but I had followed this particular Twitter feed in Jan/Feb. She doesn't (or at least didn't) vet anything before posting and has posted numerous videos claiming to be something it's not, getting corrected by others in the comments (and the corrections panned out). I don't get the feeling she is being intentionally dishonest, but she was very sloppy in her reporting.

Good to know. It was a new account to me :beer: 

• Thanks! (+1) 2