The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, bilzfancy said:

They did the same in Florida, no idea what booze has to do with the virus. If you order food you can drink, if you don't, you can't, huh?

I think it's just to do with socializing. Fine to take your family out for a meal, not fine to sit at a bar for hours and mingle with randoms.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

They did the same in Florida, no idea what booze has to do with the virus. If you order food you can drink, if you don't, you can't, huh?

I'll take that little bag of chips hanging on the rack there and oh, btw give me a double.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Sounds like the FL department of health is not aligned with the posts here that say FL hospitals are in great shape. Not sure which take to believe but I've never been able to source Berenson's numbers on this so I tend to discount his read. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think it's just to do with socializing. Fine to take your family out for a meal, not fine to sit at a bar for hours and mingle with randoms.

It's politics. He's scared shitless that we're gonna surge in cases and people might actually hold him to account for being the worst governor in the union and show that his three month lockdown was bull####.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

To expand on Hokie's thought, I get the difference.

Go sit at a table with your family or a group you're already associated with and finish in a finite amount of time (usually without getting smashed)

vs

Go sit at a bar drinking and lower inhibitions (who said that's all bad?!?!) with strangers for an extended period of time. 

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

It's politics. He's scared shitless that we're gonna surge in cases and people might actually hold him to account for being the worst governor in the union and show that his three month lockdown was bull####.

It's politics because he wants to keep Covid levels low enough for the state economy to remain mostly open?

I guess. Personally, I like those politics.

8 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

It's politics because he wants to keep Covid levels low enough for the state economy to remain mostly open?

32,000 deaths, you can have those politics

7 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

It will be impossible soon enough, we’ll be over his metrics threshold for shutting back down in a month anyway. Definitely when colleges start back up in August

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

It will be impossible soon enough, we’ll be over his metrics threshold for shutting back down in a month anyway. Definitely when colleges start back up in August

Probably. Let's safely enjoy it while we still can.

3 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

32,000 deaths, you can have those politics

So you want him to loosen restrictions again to cause more cases thus more deaths? I'm not getting your logic here.

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Probably. Let's safely enjoy it while we still can.

So you want him to loosen restrictions again to cause more cases thus more deaths? I'm not getting your logic here.

Cuomo's politics isn't working, it why businesses and people are leaving that state in droves

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Define mostly open.

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Phase 4 - where we are at now

Phase numbers are meaningless when the King redefines the standard as he goes along, and more businesses remain closed. 

The new GOP talking point about “cases are rising but deaths are staying low” is about to be obliterated 

deaths are now starting to creep up. And from what we know about the virus back in the spring was that there was a huge lag between cases and the death spike. Mike Pence looking more and more like a total ***** idiot as each day passes 

the richest country on the planet handled a global pandemic worse than most 3rd world countries. 

Edited by Penfield45