The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, GG said:

All the fear mongering about AZ, NC & TX are misplaced because they're still rolling through their first wave.  And but surely looks like the medical profession is utilizing lessons learned much better than the unfortunate places that got hit first.

Couldn’t agree more. Everyone has moved on. Even this thread rarely cracks the top ten anymore. You never hear from the White House Task Force and the two Dr Experts must be in the witness protection program. The media clown show has move off to the next hair (City) on fire hysteria. I can’t see how our society survives this way, moving from frenzy to frenzy on a monthly basis. Everyone’s heads are going to explode long before they die from this pandemic! 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Couldn’t agree more. Everyone has moved on. Even this thread rarely cracks the top ten anymore. You never hear from the White House Task Force and the two Dr Experts must be in the witness protection program. The media clown show has move off to the next hair (City) on fire hysteria. I can’t see how our society survives this way, moving from frenzy to frenzy on a monthly basis. Everyone’s heads are going to explode long before they die from this pandemic! 

Everyone sort of moved on.  Look at what the fear mongering is doing to the markets today.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Everyone sort of moved on.  Look at what the fear mongering is doing to the markets today.

It’s interesting you point to the markets because I look at it the exact opposite. We have just gone through an end of the world pandemic and now civil unrest (including an ongoing partial occupation of a major US city) and the markets reaction has pretty much been....yawn! 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

It’s interesting you point to the markets because I look at it the exact opposite. We have just gone through an end of the world pandemic and now civil unrest (including an ongoing partial occupation of a major US city) and the markets reaction has pretty much been....yawn! 

-3% at open

r681890_5048660.jpg

15 minutes ago, GG said:

You mean when you asked if there are second waves in places that were hard hit?  What other examples are you looking for?

All the fear mongering about AZ, NC & TX are misplaced because they're still rolling through their first wave.  And but surely looks like the medical profession is utilizing lessons learned much better than the unfortunate places that got hit first.

But the virus has been reduced to ashes!  

So? The markets have been going up and down, but mostly up, just like they always do. You don’t judge the stock market on daily movement.

You claim the markets have been "yawn."

That's absurd. They had a huge climb the last month or so. The protests have been going on for two weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

You claim the markets have been "yawn."

That's absurd. They had a huge climb the last month or so. The protests have been going on for two weeks. 

Come on Warren. You have to look at the markets with a wider lens. A day? A week? A month? Seriously?

27 minutes ago, GG said:

You mean when you asked if there are second waves in places that were hard hit?  What other examples are you looking for?

I'm asking if anyone can think of any.

All the fear mongering about AZ, NC & TX are misplaced because they're still rolling through their first wave.  

There's plenty to fear about high hospitalizations but it's unknown what will happen with reopening/the fall. 

Will we see future hospitalization overload or will it level? Will the fall be like fall 1918 or more like summer 2020? You think it's over. I don't know. I'm just trying to read the tea leaves based on the places that were hit hard and reopened before us, and it doesn't seem like they are having spikes (yet?).  

Edited by shoshin

Just now, shoshin said:

I'm asking if anyone can think of any.

Shosin....I report the numbers every day from the same source (as good scientific method should always do) and I’m not seeing the trending that you’re looking for. The most telling graphic we have is the one on the CDC website that shows the weekly death curve by age group dating back to January. It’s stunning to see what’s happened. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It has most definitely not been "yawn."

And ~9-10% unemployment for the foreseeable future is also not "yawn." 

Shosin....I report the numbers every day from the same source (as good scientific method should always do) and I’m not seeing the trending that you’re looking for. The most telling graphic we have is the one on the CDC website that shows the weekly death curve by age group dating back to January. It’s stunning to see what’s happened. 

Agreed RE numbers. It's why I asked the question. I don't think anyplace that got hit hard initially has yet to see a second wave. 

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen but there's no data point for it yet unless I'm mistaken. 

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Agreed RE numbers. It's why I asked the question. I don't think anyplace that got hit hard initially has yet to see a second wave. 

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen but there's no data point for it yet unless I'm mistaken. 

Better keep an eye on those renegade Hasids.  Any day now, Williamsburg cases will explode.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Poojer said:

i don't think he meant the markets were flat and boring, i think he meant their attitude towards this plandemic was 'yawn'

The markets don't have an attitude. They have data that shows how wild the last few months have been. 

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

i don't think he meant the markets were flat and boring, i think he meant their attitude towards this plandemic was 'yawn'

Thanks 

We just went through a worldwide pandemic that was forecasted to wipe out a large percentage of the US population and Warren is worried because the market is trending down, today? He must not have a 401K

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I keep reporting on NY because I assume a bunch of people on a Bills chat room are from there. NY state’s numbers are down to around 5% of their daily peak.