Super Bowl Tickets Selling for Record Amount

Scott7975

Cheapest seats now down to $5750.  

When we make it I’d add a $1500-2500 premium to this year based on the rabidity of our fan base and hunger for the game.  Overcoming WNY not being as economically strong as other areas (certainly including SF).  

And it will be worth every penny when we win it.....

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Time to buy is almost always right before the game on stubhub.  

6 minutes ago, MattM said:

Cheapest seats now down to $5750.  

When we make it I’d add a $1500-2500 premium to this year based on the rabidity of our fan base and hunger for the game.  Overcoming WNY not being as economically strong as other areas (certainly including SF).  

And it will be worth every penny when we win it.....

I don't know where the $5,750 comes from, my guess is that's pre-fees, which range from around 17-25%.  I looked at Stubhub minutes ago & the cheapest seats were over $7,300 with fees included.  There are virtually no seats less than 7 grand when fees are added.  

There's no way Stubhub is coming down enough to match their $4,600 prices of last Saturday.  Sorry Estro, there's no way prices will come down thousands on Stubhub from the over $7k they are right now.  As the game gets closer the number of available tickets diminishes, making it tougher for the price to come down at an internet site.  Even the no-fee Tickpick has one pair at $6,500 and the rest are all in the $7,000 & up price. 

Don't get fooled by pre-fee price quotes.  The tickets are up in the $7,000 get in range and are not falling much unless one plans to go outside the stadium & find a scalper with tickets left after the 1st quarter, they're not going down significantly.  If the Bills make it, my advice is to buy either the Saturday or Sunday 1 week before the game.  I track prices every year and my data stems from years of tracking prices.  The only year that went against recent trends was 2015 in Arizona & even that year tickets went through the roof the closer it got to the game with nothing less than $10,000.  

On 1/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, Liberal Bob said:

I do the same thing every time that I go to the Derby … countless times for anyone wondering. I always stay in Florence KY just over the Ohio Kentucky border for 100 a night instead of the 700 a night that they want in Louisville.

Much like what I do when I head up to Saratoga for the races in August  when I stay by the Albany Airport for 125 a night instead of the 600 plus that is common for a room in Saratoga.

With a little bit of a drive one attending big events can save a boatload of cash with a drive of 30 minutes to an hour.

When I went to the Derby in 2014, I checked out all the Rally Bus locations & it came down to Florence (Cincinnati airport) & Indianapolis.  I chose Indianapolis because the walk from the motel to the Rally Bus pickup point at a Walmart was shorter. In Indy, I could book a Super 8 1 block from the bus pick-up.  In Florence the pick-up point was at a shopping mall and the walk to/from the nearest motel was a lot longer than in Indy.  

I live about 40 miles from Saratoga so I don't need to stay anywhere, but I rarely go up there, maybe once a year, because it's easier to bet at home, without all the distractions of a day at the races.   

I've had to use Ebay and then stubhub many times over the last 18 years to sell tickets.  Tickets almost always drop in value as the game gets near.

I just checked the prices are dropping in the last couple of hours.....stubhub is now offering a $500 off over ticket coupon code now, which means they know they have too much of a supply right now.  

I'm not sure I'll ever buy a Super Bowl ticket, but if I do, I'll be waiting until the last possible moment

4 hours ago, Estro said:

I've had to use Ebay and then stubhub many times over the last 18 years to sell tickets.  Tickets almost always drop in value as the game gets near.

I just checked the prices are dropping in the last couple of hours.....stubhub is now offering a $500 off over ticket coupon code now, which means they know they have too much of a supply right now.  

I'm not sure I'll ever buy a Super Bowl ticket, but if I do, I'll be waiting until the last possible moment

Even with the $500 off they're still $1,000 more than a week ago.  They may end up lower in the next 24 hours, but I doubt they'll fall another thousand dollars.  

At some point the last possible moment means you have to travel to the city & get near the stadium where Stubhub sets up their distribution center.  

What time of day do you mean by last possible moment?