where was beasley

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

too many times McKenzie was on the field at crucial times vs Beasley and how this happens I have no clue

Texans CB's had the worst passer rating against going into that game but I seen a lot of times the defensive guy was right on the WR so they were not getting separation in the second half like the first.  

There were a number of 2 WR sets with Duke and Brown on the field. I didn't mind Duke seeing the field today, but no way should Beasley be on the sidelines while he's in the game. Twice as many targets as Beasley and more than anyone on the team. With everyone loving what he did last week, I called it before the game that it had the makings of a Flutie vs Johnson 1999 scenario.

Beasley's routes take a while for him to get open  Same with John Brown  Takes time to run come backs, jerk moves, double moves  Which is why we need a big ass physical wr who can get position inside immediately  Ideally Brown would serve as our Will Fuller type speedster, Beasley would be the slot and we'd have wr1 ala Hopkins

1 hour ago, tcampbell104 said:

i was hoping he would kind of have an edelman type game 

Why Daboll didn't use him this year like NE uses Edelman is a mystery.  Perfect slot receiver, also good with slants.  Oddly enough, Daboll also used him on longer passes.  It doesn't matter what type of receiver Beane brings to Buffalo, Daboll won't use him properly.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

There were a number of 2 WR sets with Duke and Brown on the field. I didn't mind Duke seeing the field today, but no way should Beasley be on the sidelines while he's in the game. Twice as many targets as Beasley and more than anyone on the team. With everyone loving what he did last week, I called it before the game that it had the makings of a Flutie vs Johnson 1999 scenario.

Texans moved to more man on man in the second half more and the smaller WR's were failing to get separation  

I was all for Brown Williams Beasley as the top three WR's .....Middle of the field was not attacked at all by the TE's but have not really watched to see where they were running routes to

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

Texans moved to more man on man in the second half more and the smaller WR's were failing to get separation  

I was all for Brown Williams Beasley as the top three WR's .....Middle of the field was not attacked at all by the TE's but have not really watched to see where they were running routes to

So you use a bigger, slower WR because he sure didn't make the contested catches a big bodied WR needs to make.

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

So you use a bigger, slower WR because he sure didn't make the contested catches a big bodied WR needs to make.

I thought he made some pretty nice catches.

The sideline was a nice play by the DB and the TD would of been highlight worthy and incredible

The Bills need a stud big guy but at this point in the year it was the Bills best option to help.  

3 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I thought he made some pretty nice catches.

The sideline was a nice play by the DB and the TD would of been highlight worthy and incredible

The Bills need a stud big guy but at this point in the year it was the Bills best option to help.  

I totally disagree with everything you just wrote. 10 targets, 49 yards. If you're going to be the big bodied, sure handed, makes the tough catches WR, well then you have to actually catch them.

Beasley had 5 less yards on half the targets.

15 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I totally disagree with everything you just wrote. 10 targets, 49 yards. If you're going to be the big bodied, sure handed, makes the tough catches WR, well then you have to actually catch them.

Beasley had 5 less yards on half the targets.

do you actually know the ten targets included two no way they wr complete to Williams at the end of regulation counted to that ten targets.  Add one to the TD miracle catch that some think is easy.  The Sideline catch that was knocked out by the CB so there is four of the ten targets ....

Quit looking at the box score numbers and understand what is behind them 

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

do you actually know the ten targets included two no way they wr complete to Williams at the end of regulation counted to that ten targets.  Add one to the TD miracle catch that some think is easy.  The Sideline catch that was knocked out by the CB so there is four of the ten targets ....

Quit looking at the box score numbers and understand what is behind them 

Bud the TD drop was a perfect pass, it counts as a target. The two throw away I'll give you that's it. He's the guy that's supposed to catch tightly contested passes, especially when they are on the money. It's literally what he's on the field for.

9 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Bud the TD drop was a perfect pass, it counts as a target. The two throw away I'll give you that's it. He's the guy that's supposed to catch tightly contested passes, especially when they are on the money. It's literally what he's on the field for.

LOL you did watch the game right????  The ball was on the inside oh and he was reaching thru the CB to try to catch it as he dove for it not on his feet but yeah routine catch clearly lol

Also watching the game again the nice toss and catch negated by Ford's hands to the face ...doesn't count but was a great contested catch

6:21 so you can watch the Williams easy TD grab you refer to that he dropped

Edited by ILBillsfan