This is funny, Pat lineman moving the ball back 1/2 foot

Pokebball

I browsed most of this thread but haven't read every post entirely, but here is where I come down on this:

Players move the ball after the play is over but before the ref spots the ball......its annoying but they do it. No problem other than being annoying.

Player moves the ball AFTER the ref spots it....should be a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, AND A fine after the game.  I don't care if it is the reason a team won or lost the game or not...if you don't want players to do crap like this..fine and penalize them.  If the players/teams cry its not a big deal..then just stop doing it.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:38 PM, NoswayJose said:

Do y'all understand that where the ball is on the ground before refs touch it has no bearing on where the ball is spotted? Both Refs had different spots, but the line judges near the top of the pic was where the ball was ultimately placed

Edit to add that this happens a lot in close yardage games and is wishful thinking in general

Ya I didn't think it was anything nefarious.  Ball was too far ahead (seemed to be past the first down line when we were clearly setting up for a short yard play) and just moved it back to the correct spot the other lineman was coming in for.

Granted the players themselves shouldn't be doing that, but really a "nothing to see here" moment.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:55 PM, Estro said:

I also noticed on one of Tom Bradys QB sneaks vs us......the center as he approached the line took the ball and moved it up a good 2 feet prior to the snap.  He snapped the ball a full foot or 2 forward from where it was spotted.

You better believe all these things are being taught too....1 of these advantages alone doesn't give you a huge edge, but when you add up all the capers they pull off on game day you get a big edge

Jeeze, exaggerate much?

On 12/25/2019 at 12:14 AM, row_33 said:

two feet?  My goodness....that would put the ball a foot past the hands of the D... 

LOL!!!!

he adjusted the ball so the laces were on the preferred side

if you don’t know how football is played, please sit back and keep it to yourself...

I let most of your pro-NE****** and anti-Bills nonsense go without calling you out, because I usually don't care.

I won't, however, sit by and watch you combine your new-found relentless NE fandom with total condescension towards others without speaking up.

In short, you're being a jerk here. Make your point without doing so.