Keys to Success against the Pats

Virgil

3 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I would disagree here...especially on defense, they are stacked...probably the best secondary in the league....Collins, Hightower and Van Noy for LBs.....can't think of a better trio in the NFL....

Ok, the Secondary is good, but the rest of the D is average. Here’s the thing about those LB’s. They are responsibility specific. Meaning they can be exposed. Hightower is terrible in coverage, great run responsibility LB. Expose it. Bills need to go no huddle with a set personal like, Singletary, Beasley, Brown, Kroft, and Knox. Bills can run and short pass an entire drive with this package. Jet sweeps with Knox, short slants with Beasley, Singletary up the gut, and then Brown or Kroft on a deep post. 
Elite or Great defenses make adjustments during a game. The Bills have. The Pats D looked lost and got bullied by the Ravens and Houston. 

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Ok, the Secondary is good, but the rest of the D is average. Here’s the thing about those LB’s. They are responsibility specific. Meaning they can be exposed. Hightower is terrible in coverage, great run responsibility LB. Expose it. Bills need to go no huddle with a set personal like, Singletary, Beasley, Brown, Kroft, and Knox. Bills can run and short pass an entire drive with this package. Jet sweeps with Knox, short slants with Beasley, Singletary up the gut, and then Brown or Kroft on a deep post. 
Elite or Great defenses make adjustments during a game. The Bills have. The Pats D looked lost and got bullied by the Ravens and Houston. 

It's very simple....if we could switch our D roster with theirs, I would say yes !....the way they create turnovers is mind boggling....and they put points on the board....which is needed with the way their O is playing....we could use a few pick 6....

Edited by Iron Maiden

2 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

It's very simple....if we could switch our D roster with theirs, I would say yes !....the way they create turnovers is mind boggling....and they put points on the board....which is needed with the way their O is playing....we could use a few pick 6....

No way would I switch rosters with theirs. Give me Gilmore for Levi, sure. That’s it for me. Rest of that Pats D is not better than the Bills. I have watched them numerous games. No thank you. Kind of offended you said this, but each their own. ?

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

No way would I switch rosters with theirs. Give me Gilmore for Levi, sure. That’s it for me. Rest of that Pats D is not better than the Bills. I have watched them numerous games. No thank you. Kind of offended you said this, but each their own. ?

How do you explain them having better stats than we do then ?....I would absolutely take their LBs over ours..... And we're only talking here...no need to get offended ( not sure if you were serious...)....we all want the same results after all...;-) Go Bills !!

Edited by Iron Maiden

2 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

How do you explain them having better stats than we do then ?....I would absolutely take their LBs over ours..... And we're only talking here...no need to get offended ( not sure if you were serious...)....we all want the same results after all...;-) Go Bills !!

Just messing with you, not offended. 
I will take Edmunds and Milano over any of their LB’s because those two are 3 down backers. I’m not sure which one of NE’s backers excels at run and pass defending. Now after our starting two it’s a drop. Alexander is actually exactly the type of backer Belichick loves and has, Alexander can’t cover, but he can play the run and rush the passer ok. 
You are right we do want the same thing and today it shows up!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Today is a win-win no matter what for the bills today. Nothing changes if they lose. They get to rest their starters (if they choose to) week 17 and have Barkley sling seeds all day. They win and the pats have to scramble week 17 to beat an unpredictable fitz and dolphins. More at stake for pats

I see josh Allen and Co. coming out relaxed today. Pats may be playing with nerves. 

The keys are ball security, line play, and executing.

Or in short, take care of business fellas. And remember what Zo said about playing in New England!!

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

47 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

100% agree. No huddle two TE set will work perfectly.  In fact I wouldn't mind seeing two te two rb one wr sets and then split out the rb wide. I would use Singletary and Yeldon in the same backfield. Conversely you could go super heavy with three TE and line up Rambo at FB.

Let Gilmore take away Brown. The remaining 10 guys beat the Pats if they don't commit more than one turnover.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

100% agree. No huddle two TE set will work perfectly.  In fact I wouldn't mind seeing two te two rb one wr sets and then split out the rb wide. I would use Singletary and Yeldon in the same backfield. Conversely you could go super heavy with three TE and line up Rambo at FB.

Let Gilmore take away Brown. The remaining 10 guys beat the Pats if they don't commit more than one turnover.

Good point, today would be a great day to have Yeldon over Gore.