Are the Patriots cheating on Special Teams?

Jerry Jabber

The blocked punt against us was pure coaching they saw our tendencies on film and left the gunners uncovered.  A well coached ST unit would have pulled gunners in or thrown a pass to uncovered gunners.  Instead we got the punt blocked.   However given the cheaters history there could be some reality here 

18 hours ago, arcane said:

Somehow the part about Flutie recanting his statement never makes it into the retelling by bills fans. This is the first I've heard of that.

Not surprising.  Gotta protect the shield.  Flutie can’t expect to keep getting a check from networks for doing NFL games and analysis if he’s going to blemish the league.

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

The blocked punt against us was pure coaching they saw our tendencies on film and left the gunners uncovered.  A well coached ST unit would have pulled gunners in or thrown a pass to uncovered gunners.  Instead we got the punt blocked.   However given the cheaters history there could be some reality here 

This is correct.  I noticed that Pittsburgh tried to bait the Bills with a similar play.  On one punt they brought the player covering the gunner in the same way the Cheatriots did.  But right before the snap another player who was positioned off of the LOS and inside a bit bailed to cover the gunner.  The Bills didn’t take the bait and got the punt away.  I thought it was a good try by Pittsburgh. 

Maybe we should start copying what they do on special teams and actually block some punts ourselves. It’s a copycat league yet I can’t remember our last blocked punt.

What we can’t hide a player behind another player ? We can’t run our gunners to the line of scrimmage ?? Let’s force them to make plays and call timeouts this time !!!!,