Maybe we want to lose to the Ravens?

peterpan

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Great idea...losing is good..I'm kinda pissed we won 9 already

That's not the way it was a few years ago when everyone would be on here complaining about wins ruining their draft position because of you weren't a contender it was better to throw the rest of the season to get a better pick .......

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

This thread didn't age well at all.  LOL

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it this morning, lol

It's incredible what one win against a not great Cowboys team has done to the fan base who know think this team is invincible. Next week is going to be a rough one, and most likely a loss. The Ravens have a really good offence and defence that will probably be too much for Buffalo. But that's fine, they can lose this next game, they are pretty much in a playoff spot unless you really believe they can go 0-4 the next couple weeks while atleast 2 of the teams below go 4-0, that would take alot to happen. And after watching NE last night, that game has become winnable for the Bills as the Patriots are not looking very good recently. It's even possible for them to still get the division from them even with a loss against the Ravens. Realistically, they should end up going 2-4 or 3-4 to close out the season and have atleast the #5 seed if last Thursday was the true Bills and not just beating another bad team.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, peterpan said:

Watching the Ravens/49ers game, two of the best teams in the league, gave me the confidence that the Bills are FINALLY one of the NFLs top teams!  So, while we are capable of beating Baltimore next week, do we want to?? Hear me out.....

Beating the Ravens gives them 3 losses.  Patriots are the first seed with 1.  Bills would still have the 5th seed for the playoffs, whether we win or lose. 

When -WHEN - the Bills beat the cheaters in 3 weeks, they will have two losses, and lose the tie breaker with Baltimore for the #1 seed in the playoffs.  This is HUGE.

We want NE to miss the Super Bowl or else they will tie the Bills amazing record of 4 straight SBs!!!!!!!!

The Pats would then have to play Kansas City (most likely) in the second  round of the playoffs.  That's a much harder game than say, Houston or the Steelers.  For the AFC championship game, they would then, maybe, travel to Baltimore, rather being guaranteed home field advantage, where those cheaters have an unbelievable win record. 

The Bills on the other hand, will likely meet the Ravens in the second round of the playoffs.  It's hard to beat a good team twice.  We can use this first game as a learning experience, and not show our hand, even setting the Ravens up for our second meeting. 

Now that's some 5 dimension chess right there!!!

What moron would actually think it best to lose any of their remaining games? The only reason I actually opened this post was just to see how dumb the post was. you don't EVER.... EVER..... EVER WANT to lose any of your games. They win out, take the division (maybe) if the cards fall right and you shoot for the bye week and home field advantage when playing the teams with the lesser records.

Wanting to lose a game is like wanting to cut out your eyes because you don't have perfect vision. Congrats on winning this years dumbest post of the year award.