Is Offense Better and Defense Worse Than We Think?

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I feel like we still lack the "killer instinct" on offense.. too conservative at times when great teams are aggressive... IE: before half, end of game, etc. 

Yesterday we were in Denver territory (I believe) with 5 minutes or so and we ran the ball on 3rd and 3. I get we were up 20-3 but man, go for the jugular. 

There was a game this year when there was 40 seconds left before half and we had 2 timeouts and we knee it out. 

McD is never going to be the type of coach that goes out to embarrass another team or their staff. If he feels the game is in hand, which it clearly was by Denver's lack to generate basically anything, then he is going to grind out the clock. I also think that yesterday they made it a goal to get Frank the touches he needed to become the NFL's 3rd all time leading rusher during the home game. Once Frank got close they were giving him the rock until it happened. If that makes you triggered then you might want to seek professional help for the necessary assistance. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

McD is never going to be the type of coach that goes out to embarrass another team or their staff. If he feels the game is in hand, which it clearly was by Denver's lack to generate basically anything, then he is going to grind out the clock. I also think that yesterday they made it a goal to get Frank the touches he needed to become the NFL's 3rd all time leading rusher during the home game. Once Frank got close they were giving him the rock until it happened. If that makes you triggered then you might want to seek professional help for the necessary assistance. :thumbsup:

No offense but that’s pretty stupid.  This isn’t pop warner.  You need to step on team’s throats and bury them.

• Like (+1) 1

My concern isn't where we rank. My concern is getting a "comfortable" lead and then changing the game plan. 

Prevent defense/run offense only should almost never happen unless we are winning by 3 TDs late in the 4th.

If they aren't trying to score or stop a team from scoring, then they aren't going to get better. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No offense but that’s pretty stupid.  This isn’t pop warner.  You need to step on team’s throats and bury them.

Take it up with McDermott, that seems to be his style. No offense taken here brother :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, billykay said:

W9 - if we were up by 7, I would agree with you. With 5-6 minutes to go & up by 3 scores however , you run out the time & get into the locker room and celebrate with a cold beer.

The Ravens are up by almost 30 and went for it on 4th and 4.

7 hours ago, Chuck Schick said:

Based on your knowledge of football— that giving an incompetent offense the ball back deep in their territory with about 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter down 3 scores- is somehow not a good strategy , I’ll take that as a compliment.  

Hey Bub, based on my knowledge of football, the Ravens are up by almost 30 and went for it on 4th down.

Why? because they have a killer instinct and the Rams offense isn't doing a darn thing.

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

My concern isn't where we rank. My concern is getting a "comfortable" lead and then changing the game plan. 

Prevent defense/run offense only should almost never happen unless we are winning by 3 TDs late in the 4th.

If they aren't trying to score or stop a team from scoring, then they aren't going to get better. 

Watch out man.. Chuck Schick might come for you... you're not allowed to want to be a dominate team.