Bucky Brooks--Brady era is over/Josh Allen on the rise

Big Turk

On 11/24/2019 at 10:54 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the astonishing thing is despite Belichick's brilliance, how he continues to slide with no viable successor to Brady....potentials like Jimmy G and Brissett were let to walk...what the hell is his game plan?....

Machiavellianism....without even trying. Something as simple as football (no longer) has chronologically consumed this mans life. It is no longer about winning. It has become survival. The coming years will be reflective, grandchildren will be a vital part.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm happy with Allens progress, but he isn't 'there' for me yet.

Brady?  Its been pretty obvious that his play has dropped off quite a bit since the end of last season. The Pats almost carried him through the playoffs last year.

This year, both the stats and the eye test show he isn't even close to what he once was. Anyone saying he is even a top 10 QB in this league anymore is in denial. Hes not the worst starter in the league, but he is no better than mid-pack.   With a great D behind him though, the Pats are still very dangerous.

The bye-week into the playoffs is critical for the Pats. If they somehow lost that bye, I think they would be gone rather quickly in the playoffs. However, its not just brady who is 'older'.  Look at their defensive unit.  Article after article done on the subject shows players on Defense peak at about the age of 26-28 years of age..and drop off pretty quickly after 30 (some exceptions exist of course). That Pats D is great, but a lot of them are on the wrong side of 28.  The bye week will do wonders for them.

Until Brady loses I am never betting against him. I love me some Josh Allen and while he has progressed a lot he still has a lot of development left to go. I think if they can make some critical upgrades to the roster in 2020 the Bills will be primed to compete in the division and make noise in the playoffs.