Simien

Chad Kelly

Drew Lock

Signed/Traded for

Manning

Kennum

Flacco

Amazingly, the best one he drafted might have been Simien

The only QB he drafted in the 1st round was Lynch, and he was at the end of the round. I know you can point to Tom Brady or, more recently, Lamar Jackson, but the odds of getting a top QB after the first 15 picks seem pretty low given how highly valued the position is. For a QB to fall into the second round he must really have some question marks.

Edited by vincec

10 minutes ago, vincec said:

The only QB he drafted in the 1st round was Lynch, and he was at the end of the round. I know you can point to Tom Brady or, more recently, Lamar Jackson, but the odds of getting a top QB after the first 15 picks seem pretty low given how highly valued the position is. For a QB to fall into the second round he must really have some question marks.

Oh i agree. Its why the Bills were in QB purgatory for years. His FA moves and especially last year when he had a shot at JA, LJ and Rosen and opted for stacking a Dline when he only had Case Keenum on the roster

I've always thought Allen was the prototypical QB that Elway would want.  The irony though is that once that QB was finally available for the Broncos to draft he couldn't because of the two huge previous whiffs on Oz and Lynch. Both big QB's like Allen and both pretty big projects like Allen. But Allen had even more athleticism and a bigger arm than both. If Allen would have come along before Oz and Lynch the Broncos probably would have drafted him. But no way Elway could have sat down at a post draft press conference and justify taking a third 1st round big body project QB. But their loss, our gain!

On 11/20/2019 at 12:46 PM, teef said:

didn't zerovolt bring this up a while ago?  he claimed he went to their message board and brought up the same question, (which is strange) and was laughed at.

I believe he said (prior to the season) that they wouldn't take Allen over Chubb.  Now that Chubb tore his ACL and their QB situation is hot garbage, that's obviously changed.