NFL Schedule

The NFL Access Channel has gone from "announcement of schedule at noon on the 13th" to TBD at 2 pm on the 13th to nadda (a repeat of some earlier show)

aggg!  I want my schedule...now!

301584[/snapback]

I'm not sure why the date the schedule is released has to be so top secret. Why can't this be a date on the nfl calender like the combine, beginning of free agency, college draft, etc....

I'm not sure why the date the schedule is released has to be so top secret. Why can't this be a date on the nfl calender like the combine, beginning of free agency, college draft, etc....

301590[/snapback]

Shhhh! You might give the NFL powers that be more 'good ideas'.

I think it means not being held accountable if they don't make it by an expected date.  :(

301620[/snapback]

You're a yuckaminute, today, Gidge. :doh:

No, it means everyone will start predicting our record next year (right after they get done bitching about where our bye week lands) and THAT means it'll be time for "The Second Annual I'll Buy Dinner For You and Your Spouse If You Guess Our Record Right Contest!"

As you recall, last year was a real nail-biter. With almost 100 contestants entering the fray, we were down to 18 by the end of week one, down to 6 by the end of week two, and the whole thing was over by the end of week 4 (including our season).

Shhhh!  You might give the NFL powers that be more 'good ideas'.

301610[/snapback]

As much as I love the NFL, I get a little more cynical all of the time about stuff like this. The NFL is becoming the Phillip Morris of the sports/entertainment world. I am surprised they are not making this a PPV event. You know there are people who would pay for it. I might be one of them, and I would hate myself in the morning!.......

As you recall, last year was a real nail-biter. With almost 100 contestants entering the fray, we were down to 18 by the end of week one, down to 6 by the end of week two, and the whole thing was over by the end of week 4 (including our season).

301652[/snapback]

Best line of the day....

I just checked my Tivo menu for Wednesday, and it says on NFL Network at 11:00 am PDT, "NFL Total Access" 2 hours: The 2005 NFL Schedule is released.

Maybe the NFL is trying to psyche out the fans.

301708[/snapback]

Not according to their own schedule.

Welll, TIVO can never be wrong right? right? right??

Vader? Vader?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule/0413

richNjoisy Posted Today, 12:38 PM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Apr 11 2005, 12:27 PM)

I just checked my Tivo menu for Wednesday, and it says on NFL Network at 11:00 am PDT, "NFL Total Access" 2 hours: The 2005 NFL Schedule is released.

Maybe the NFL is trying to psyche out the fans.

Not according to their own schedule.

Welll, TIVO can never be wrong right? right? right??

Vader? Vader?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule/0413

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Scheduling 256 games in 32 different venues in different time zones dealing with different broadcasters plus working around other usage of stadiums is quite a task. :P

301715[/snapback]

Last year, the guys at Nestlé Canada had to schedule about 8,000 classroom sessions for about 2K employees, dealing with about 15 different locations and close to 300 different teachers, in order to train them in SAP.

You won't believe it, but having already invested billions in the project, they could not afford to hire some programmers to work on the scheduling for their training sessions... the end result: over 3 months of work by 12 people, who had to do it, ONE by ONE, on a brown paper that was glued to the wall and that was over 30 meters long.

Months later, the same task was assigned to my team at Nestlé México, but this time, it was for 12,500 employees. There were 36,000 classroom sessions that had to be scheduled.

We managed to develop a simple algorythm who could perform such task...

How long did it take for us to code the program? Three days

How lond did it take to schedule 36,000 sessions in such a program? About ten seconds.

So, it sure is a daunting task if the NFL were to do it by hand... but, come on, 256 games?