Josh Allen - week NINE report card

rayray808

17 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

No one needs Tyrod level, Tyrod level could be as bad as 10 for 24 for 78 yards. 

Look at the record for the last two years, we are undefeated when he scores at least 1 td with no turnovers. It's not like he is lighting it up otherwise. 78yds a TD and no turnovers might win a game this year. 200yds and 3 turnovers is probably just as productive in the grand scheme. He currently ranks 25th in yards per game and the Bills rank 17th in pass attempts. 

Edited by Trogdor

I've been arguing about Josh all day. The hate the minority of this fan base heaps on him is ridiculous. I always used to joke "what's the point of drafting a QB? The fan base will run him out of town no matter what he does?"

If he's good, he's not good enough. If he's great, he could've been better. If he wins well, it wasn't an impressive win. Well this QB does this over here and this QB does that better.

It's a joke.

Maybe some of you don't remember the drought? People on here bitching about beating bad teams well, I clearly remember many a year where we couldn't even do that.

Allen has shown progression. Sure, they could let him run wild and throw every once in awhile a la Jackson. He'd probably be successful at it, he was towards the end of last year. How quickly we forget Allen is the one who broke Mike Vick's rushing record over a 3 game span. But how long is that successful? Look at Cam, how beat up he is every year. On IR this year now.

You have to able to command the offense from the pocket in the NFL to be successful long term. Josh is learning that. It was going to take time, coming in under a defensive minded coach.

On 11/3/2019 at 4:54 PM, BillsFanSD said:

They didn't ask him to do too much today, so there's not a lot to evaluate.  The fumble was bad, as was the missed slant to Brown.  But he had a brilliant play to escape a sack resulting in a deep pass that Brown should have caught.  Good game overall.  B.

That really was an incredible play by Josh, and I think the first dropped pass by Brown all year, the guy has great hands normally.