Monday pressers at TBD - McDermott, Daboll, & Frazier

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This same defense  shut down Le'Veon Bell, Saquon Barkley, Joe Mixon, shut down the Patriots' entire offense, then shut down Derrick Henry.

Then the BYE came.

And they've sucked in the two games since.

This is perplexing to me.

Well they don't have Harrison Phillips, who played against all those guys. Also, no one tried running right at the center until Miami did after he went out. That's one possible explanation anyway.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

They have played better. Milano was out (big drop off ) and Edmunds has been flailing for some reason.

Putting 57 on the line so much befuddles me. over a tackle even. on a run down

much work to be done.
Coaches called a bad game against Philly 

They know it the players know it.

But i am saying it was one game against a SB team.

Learning curves hurt

Milano played vs Philly.  100% of defensive snaps.

Now whether he was 100% physically or rusty can't tell ya.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

This same defense  shut down Le'Veon Bell, Saquon Barkley, Joe Mixon, shut down the Patriots' entire offense, then shut down Derrick Henry.

Then the BYE came.

And they've sucked in the two games since.

This is perplexing to me.

I think Horrible Harry was coming on getting that initial step and penetration forcing the double teams and being disruptive. Seemed to be acclimating to McD's scheme and had good showings against Bell and Barkley.

Then he got hurt. Oliver and Peco are not there yet and it took two years for Harry to start to come on. Not sure what technique they had him playing, but it was working.

Not sure what I think about Star, does not strike me as disruptive in the run game, but would honestly have to look at more plays and games focusing on him and McD says he is doing what he is asked to do in their scheme....

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You have to think he was a bit off, just because.
All the fellows play banged up during the season and fans forget that sometimes.

expecting 100 % is not always possible.

but to my point , is 85% of Milano better than the next up in a situational game ?
Bills have done a decent job of creating sincere depth within the team. But more work to be done.
respect the effort.

gotta keep grinding that roster Beanes : )

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I think Horrible Harry was coming on getting that initial step and penetration forcing the double teams and being disruptive. Seemed to be acclimating to McD's scheme and had a good day against Bell.

Then he got hurt. Oliver and Peco are not there yet and it took two years for Harry to start to come on. Not sure what technique they had him playing, but it was working.

Not sure what I think about Star, does not strike me as disruptive in the run game, but would honestly have to look at more plays and games focusing on him and McD says he is doing what he is asked to do in their scheme....

The Bills DL rotation is more situational than spelling a tired player.

Harrison is a good example as compared to Star as compared to Oliver and then Jordan and now the raw youngster Peko.

Harry was showing his game. Perhaps Bills miss him more than one might have thought we would ?

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the QB fumbling is a known issue, why all the designed runs ? Having him run a QB sweep backed up in their own end sounds foolish, no? They do have RBs on the team, but that seems lost on Daboll. 

I agree, plus you add in the 20 to 30 MPH wind gusts and your team defense looked unprepared for the inevitable high volume of running plays and screens. I always feel like we are a step behind everyone else when it comes to coaching, play calling and making adjustments.