Let Josh be Josh?

oldmanfan

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's a young raw QB who has tons of legitimate raw talent and who has actually flashed that talent in his young NFL career.

He's not EJ or Taylor who you guys are bangin me on here for. EJ and Tyrod had a lot of good coaching in their college (EJ) and NFL (Tyrod) careers.

Neither had Allen's talent.

Look, the story has been told time and time again with Allen. If you don't know it, look it up.

So yes, I put more on Daboll and McDermott because I think they're coaching Allen to play scared for the sake of winning now.

And I know you can't have it both ways, but there's a certain uber conservative line that I believe they've crossed where they're hurting both the development of our young QB as well as the team.

Let me ask you something relating to our (I believe) poor offensive play caller:

We're you content that Singletary only got 8 touches today?

Yes I wasn't happy Singletary getting only 8 touches.  But I'm more worried about a QB who has fumbled 11 times with 7 INT's to go along with it.

I'm okay with the bad if there's enough good but Allen doesn't do enough good.  

It's not uber conservative.  We take our shots downfield but the problem is we have a QB whose accuracy is so incredibly bad on deep balls our WR don't have a chance to make a play....they can't even make a diving attempt because Allen misses them by 5 yards. 

If you don't have a QB that can connect on the deep ball, then you have to play the short game all the time.  

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Josh threw the ball 41 times yesterday.

The result was a QB rating of 73, no passing TDs, and 16 points scored. 

The notion that the coaches are holding him back is hilarious. 

They only held him back on the final Drive. That's what reasonable people are actually upset with.

They crippled our chances with a strategy to kick a long FG instead of going for the win by running 40 seconds off the clock.

QB rating also doesn't include his rushing TD's but thats a side point.

Do none of the "Anti current Bills QB" people REALLY remember what the difference from a phony QB (ie. All the QB's we've had since an aging Bledsoe - and barely there) and a developing REAL QB looks like. Do you people recall what 3rd down and 7 or more looked like for basically 15 years? Seriously try to remember what it was like and what the difference is. Our kid is developing and gives us a chance even on 3rd and freaking 20! PLUS he gives us a chance every time we need a drive at the end of a game to tie or take the lead. 3rd and more than 6 was a forgone conclusion for YEARS that we were going to be punting. People should look at more film review (you don't have to do it yourself any more) and see what is really happening out there on the field. Josh Allen is developing while the team tries to win games. That's where we are.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes I wasn't happy Singletary getting only 8 touches.  But I'm more worried about a QB who has fumbled 11 times with 7 INT's to go along with it.

I'm okay with the bad if there's enough good but Allen doesn't do enough good.  

It's not uber conservative.  We take our shots downfield but the problem is we have a QB whose accuracy is so incredibly bad on deep balls our WR don't have a chance to make a play....they can't even make a diving attempt because Allen misses them by 5 yards. 

If you don't have a QB that can connect on the deep ball, then you have to play the short game all the time.  

Yes, the inability to hit any big plays just hurts our offense even more..  They can usually put together 2 good drives a game... that's about it..  The good offenses around the league hit big plays all the time..  huge chunk plays with YAC yards..  

Feels like Josh is 0-40 career on balls over 25 yards or something disgustingly bad.

Edited by HeHateMe
  • Like (+1) 1