HERE COMES TIGER

zevo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And possibly a new course record!!! He is currently at nine under for the round with a few more holes to play. Nick Price and Greg Norman have shot 63 in the past( nine under)Ironically they did NOT win the Masters with those scores

Ron Artest will.

300939[/snapback]

Well I didn't mean BEAT him beat him, but I mean on the golf course.

"We have Phil Mickelson and Veejay Singh here on the 18th green tied for the lead. This shot will determine the championship. Oh I understand we are cutting over to Tiger Woods on the 15th green. He's only ten shots behind these two."

I can't stand Tiger.

"We have Phil Mickelson and Veejay Singh here on the 18th green tied for the lead.  This shot will determine the championship.  Oh I understand we are cutting over to Tiger Woods on the 15th green.  He's only ten shots behind these two."

I can't stand Tiger.

300948[/snapback]

The nature of the best, Brandon. It's like being forced to watch the Dallas Cowboys or the New York Giants on MNF or, even more painful, the New York Knicks on network NBA coverage. Automatic ratings. The network knows that they take a major hit in ANY golf tournament that Tiger is not in contention in on the day of the final round. So, they have to mention Tiger if he's there, even if he really isn't in contention. If he's way back or doesn't show up at all, people don't watch.

I will have to admit, i am a huge Tiger fan. It is incredible to watch maybe the best player of all time in any sport, and to watch them dominate. I feel incredibly unfortunate that i was too young to ever see Gretzky play live in his prime, or to watch Montana in the Super Bowl's and fully grasp how incredible he was. Because of this, i like to see dynastys now (except the Pats). I hear the reasons not to like him, but he is not a "bad guy" he isn't a pompous jackass, he is a fierce competitor and deserves all the recognition he receives.

"We have Phil Mickelson and Veejay Singh here on the 18th green tied for the lead.  This shot will determine the championship.  Oh I understand we are cutting over to Tiger Woods on the 15th green.  He's only ten shots behind these two."

I can't stand Tiger.

300948[/snapback]

Your problem is with the number of people who have an interest in watching Tiger play, and not with Tiger himself. The ratings are driven by Tiger, and the TV networks respond accordingly. It's not like he asks Jim Nantz for camera time in a tournament.

For my money, Tiger's the greatest athlete alive today.

No matter what Tiger does (including throwing his clubs) the announcers switch to what I call Tiger Talk when he's on the screen. He is a Golf God to them. Where the announcers would say someone else hit a bad shot ... Tiger got a bad break.

It's not Tiger I hate ... it's the way the announcers talk about him. It kills the TV staff when he's out of the running. I just wish Tiger would knock off the Black Power Fist of Anger when he sinks a putt. Is he a modern day Black Panther? Or is he playing an outdoor game?

I gotta root for anyone with the name "Tiger." Before his slump of the past couple years, Tiger was so good he forced other golfers to get better. He was good for the game. Maybe he can do it again.

I m a huge Tiger fan too, but I am almost sick of watching him only because I am so sick of the announcers giving him blowjobs even when he misses shots. It's one thing to be amazed and laudatory when he is playing like he is yesterday and today but even when he shoots 73 they speak like it is 63. And they don't need to do that for the ratings.

I can't stand Tiger.

300948[/snapback]

Yet another misguided and unfortunate contribution. :devil:

If you can't appreciate what he is doing and what he means to the sport then you're knowledge of the game severely lacking. His dominance has elevated the play of EVERYONE on the PGA tour. If he has sucessfully retooled his mechanics and is in fact more consistent, he will crush everyone else on tour.

Maybe you should stick to basketball or baseball.

Know one needs to appreciate the accomplishments of a cold, pretentious prick. Good for golf a person like that can excel at the sport. Three cheers for his Black Power Fist thrust in anger after he sinks a putt. People-people cannot find a reason to like him. Good for you he's your hero. I prefer heros with a heart.

Get it?

I don't understand all this talk from the announcers about how Tiger is "silencing his critics."

His critics never said, "Tiger is never going to win a major again" (not that Tiger has this tournament won right now -- he still has work left to do). His critics are saying, "Tiger blew his chance to be better than Jack Nicklaus by firing his swing coach and becoming too much of a family man." These critics won't go away until he starts winning majors consistently again and gets back on track for #19.

Whatever, Tiger shouldn't even give a crap about his critics. His wife is hot and her poontang probably tastes like pudding despite him having no personality.