A lesson learned? It is not all about Defense

21 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep here we go again........  Expect little & I guess you are happy.....  The Offense will be good in 2022 I guess and then we'll know if JA is the QB of the future????

Throw him in to the fire, give him weapons and see what they have.

well, they threw him into the fire (been starting since he showed up), they are giving him weapons (complete replacement of every offensive skill position since last season), and they are seeing what they have (Josh is still raw as hell but learning fast, as everyone expected) .  offense won't be as good this year as it will be next year, Josh is still a work in progress.  What the h-ll did you expect, 15-1 this season?   you were all ready to fire everyone last year at this time.  Looks like excellent progress since then.  yes I am happy. this team is a helluva lot better prepared to win than it was last year at this time.   Man, lose a game and everyone on this board wants to blow it all up.   You people are all Crazy .     They'll be 6-2 at the halfway mark .. all good.   Hopefully they'll grab another WR before the trade deadline, who knows.   Josh  is still so raw, so not sure it matters. 

To me, the Philly game proves that this is not the "breakout" year.   The roster is just not there yet.   and Allen is way too raw, making too many mistakes in his own end.  coaches still figuring out what he can and can't do. 

The process continues.  Trust it.   McBeanes know what they are doing and what they are building.   Watch it happen. 

Edited by ProcessTruster

10 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

well, they threw him into the fire (been starting since he showed up), they are giving him weapons (complete replacement of every offensive skill position since last season), and they are seeing what they have (Josh is still raw as hell but learning fast, as everyone expected) .  offense won't be as good this year as it will be next year, Josh is still a work in progress.  What the h-ll did you expect, 15-1 this season?   you were all ready to fire everyone last year at this time.  Looks like excellent progress since then.  yes I am happy. this team is a helluva lot better prepared to win than it was last year at this time.   Man, lose a game and everyone on this board wants to blow it all up.   You people are all Crazy .     They'll be 6-2 at the halfway mark .. all good.   Hopefully they'll grab another WR before the trade deadline, who knows.   Josh  is still so raw, so not sure it matters. 

To me, the Philly game proves that this is not the "breakout" year.   The roster is just not there yet.   and Allen is way too raw, making too many mistakes in his own end.  coaches still figuring out what he can and can't do. 

The process continues.  Trust it.   McBeanes know what they are doing and what they are building.   Watch it happen. 

Will you and some others continue to bang this drum year 10 of the Process?

Edited by Billsfan1972

10 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

OP is clearly a low info poster, man no need to sweat it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They have two young players who are crucial to this team taking a step still making big mistakes and progressing slowly.

Edmunds and Allen. They won't go anywhere or beat anyone  of merit if these two don't progress, obviously moreso Allen.(Edmunds would dominate outside however.)

oh stop.  Allen's played what, 16 games or so?   Edmunds is what, 21?   I peg this rebuild at a full 3 years.   This is year 2, Allen's 2nd.  This team was hot garbage 12 months ago.   I'll take 6-2 at mid season.  Wouldn't you? 

Edited by ProcessTruster

23 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Sean, is that you?

What are you going to do about the run defense?  Why is your MLB still attacking the wrong gaps?  Any plan for the DTs to be more effective?

What did you drill into Daboll so he'll stop outsmarting himself with his play selection?  He's your hand selected OC.

Why are special teams making critical mistakes that give the opponent an easy 7 points?  You hired your coordinator this past offseason, but he's basically Danny Crossman.

Does the "Process" include making yourself better, as in game management/challenges?

My fear is that the 5-2 record is a mirage.  I wanted to believe McD turned the corner and the light came on as how to be a winning coach - and I mean against quality teams, not NYG, Cincy, etc, but I question that it has. The loss to Philly, though one loss to an NFC opponent, proves that he didn't fix what was wrong against Miami the previous week.  I want to give McD the rest of this year to prove himself before leaning either way with him; it's only the half way point in the season and we're still in a good spot.  Time to put up or shut up with the "Process." 

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Sean, is that you?

What are you going to do about the run defense?  Why is your MLB still attacking the wrong gaps?  Any plan for the DTs to be more effective?

What did you drill into Daboll so he'll stop outsmarting himself with his play selection?  He's your hand selected OC.

Why are special teams making critical mistakes that give the opponent an easy 7 points?  You hired your coordinator this past offseason, but he's basically Danny Crossman.

Does the "Process" include making yourself better, as in game management/challenges?

My fear is that the 5-2 record is a mirage.  I wanted to believe McD turned the corner and the light came on as how to be a winning coach - and I mean against quality teams, not NYG, Cincy, etc, but I question that it has. The loss to Philly, though one loss to an NFC opponent, proves that he didn't fix what was wrong against Miami the previous week.  I want to give McD the rest of this year to prove himself before leaning either way with him; it's only the half way point in the season and we're still in a good spot.  Time to put up or shut up with the "Process." 

5-2 IS a mirage.  No one disputes that .  no one with a brain believes right now it is a top 5 , even top 10 team . no way.   These guys are maybe halfway through the rebuild.   They have a foundation of solid, good character new talent, (including coaches), now they are going to work to get better.   They are at the stage where they can beat the bottom half of the league any given Sunday, but not good enough to beat the top third.   Makes perfect sense to me.   It's pretty well established that NFL teams don't have the time to make big scheme and tactics changes from week to week in-season.  You pretty much are what you are once your into the guts of the season.   Bye weeks and offseason is where you make meaningful changes, scheme and roster.   This thing is going to take time and diligence.  I am sure coaches will change in the off season if they didn't get it done this year.   they are definately trending up compared to last year.  That is what you want this season , next season and the season after that.  no flash in the pan,  just steady progress and sticking to their plan.   they are building a program, not just a roster.  they have one of the younger teams in the league when you factor out gore and zo.   rex and those before him spent years screwing it up, may take years to fix it

Edited by ProcessTruster