A lesson learned? It is not all about Defense

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No the Bills have not been exciting this year.  Every game has been pretty much a slog to watch, unless you are a Bills fan.

They do not play exciting/fun to watch football.

They have a mindset to play 14-10 games......  And no not fun to watch.   

Totally your opinion. 

24 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The O didnt give up 31...which could have been much worse if the Eagles had wanted to run it up.

3 and outs are turnovers and scoring 13 points is laughable. Until the general fan base can understand this, I'm not sure how we can go forward in discussing this sport. 

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Was so tired of being shouted down when I and others say they want to see what the offense has & that 14-10 wins are not sustainable.

This team was 5-1 and I was upset with how they play & the coaching philosophy and today it was on full display. 

5 ugly wins and today no sense of purpose until the third quarter.   The drive to get it to 17-13 was the only time the Bills looked really in-sync.  

I want the Bills to come out wanting to throw for 300+ & score 30+ points.

Been a long time since that was the mindset (yes scored over 40 vs. NYJ & Miami last year)......  

So you come on and beat your chest, that's special. I was right I say. Right and don't forget it, we are really 1-5 not 5-1.

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

3 and outs are turnovers and scoring 13 points is laughable. Until the general fan base can understand this, I'm not sure how we can go forward in discussing this sport. 

I think you both need to understand both units sucked today. 

until either one of you understand that neither of you should discuss the sport. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No the Bills have not been exciting this year.  Every game has been pretty much a slog to watch, unless you are a Bills fan.

They do not play exciting/fun to watch football.

They have a mindset to play 14-10 games......  And no not fun to watch.   

That’s fine, because we’re (mostly ) Bills fans. I’ll take a Bills win over an entertaining loss where they throw it all over the place. There are other teams to follow if that’s your thing. I don’t think this FO is trying to build that style of team. If you get lucky and end up with the next Aaron Rodgers then I get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills Defense is SOLID. The Bills Offense is ATROCIOUS.  

Yes yes the Eagles had 220 yards rushing and almost 400 total yards 31 points 8 minute drives and the mental midgets still somehow blame Allen and the offense. 

26 minutes ago, dje85 said:

We win 10-11 still and playoffs. The world is ending chicken littles need to calm down. 

Win 10 or 11?  Against who.  They beat the Redskins, Dolphins, and Jets, and likely the Broncos.

Are they winning on the road against Cleveland, Dallas, Pittsburgh or New England. Or at home against the Ravens?   I don't see it.  9 wins.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

Offense isn’t that good ; I don’t see them scoring 31 vs many teams. Not the kind of game they’re built for. 13 is unacceptable , as the Eagles probably only needed 17 to win today , and that type of game is supposed to be the in Bills wheelhouse. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s fine, because we’re (mostly ) Bills fans. I’ll take a Bills win over an entertaining loss where they throw it all over the place. There are other teams to follow if that’s your thing. I don’t think this FO is trying to build that style of team. If you get lucky and end up with the next Aaron Rodgers then I get it. 

You can not win in this league thinking 14-10 will do it, which is how the coaching staff play calls..... 

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Was so tired of being shouted down when I and others say they want to see what the offense has & that 14-10 wins are not sustainable.

This team was 5-1 and I was upset with how they play & the coaching philosophy and today it was on full display. 

5 ugly wins and today no sense of purpose until the third quarter.   The drive to get it to 17-13 was the only time the Bills looked really in-sync.  

I want the Bills to come out wanting to throw for 300+ & score 30+ points.

Been a long time since that was the mindset (yes scored over 40 vs. NYJ & Miami last year)......  

I hear you, but I will always take a win no matter the style. 

Does the offense need to be markedly better? Yes it does, does the run defense need to be markedly better? Yes it does,  they have all season. But we all chose to be a Bills fan, so we get what we got.

This is year one with the beginnings of a newly made offense, year three of the defense, both need upgrades, it will take the rest of this season and another season to fix the play of both players and coaches.

We can Nash our teeth and complain bitterly, and it will change nothing. It is all on BB and SM to do the work of making the team better.

The D played as if they were worn out tired, the O played like the way they  have all season, only a bit worse, neither played as if they were well prepared for their opponent. That’s on the coaches to a large degree. They call a far to conservative game almost all the time, this time it bit them in the azs. 

So all all we got as fans is to hope the coaches and players learn from obvious (in hind sight) mistakes in the game plan and move on to preparing for the skins. I for one believe we win that game.

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, BigBobby said:

True. Defense allowed 31 to a mediocre offense through run plays. 9 minute back-breaking drives didn't hurt. But def Allen's fault. 

Which member of the Allen family are you?

If I recall correctly, it was Allen who fumbled the ball before the half, giving Philly the short field.

13 points doesn't cut it in today's NFL, chief.  And no, I don't place the blame solely on Josh.

Edited by Chicken Boo

23 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

If you can only enjoy offensive wins that’s on you. What are you 12? I’ve been plenty entertained and excited this year. Winning is really REALLY fun. 

Poor team loss today. On to next week and a “get right” game for 6-2 at the midway point. 

Its like he forgot about the time we lost by 40 with no defense and Pickspatrick turning it over left and right or the 50 yard passing days led by Tyrod Taylor. 

Give me this 5-2 action all day long.    Don’t forget the past ??

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You can not win in this league thinking 14-10 will do it, which is how the coaching staff play calls..... 

I don’t think they were too conservative today by any means. 14 -10 won't work most games, to be sure. Weather was a huge factor in this game. They’re still a few players away from running a high flying type offense. The execution on offense is often bad, and it was terrible in this one. 

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

In 2019 you do not keep teams to 0-14 pts for 16 weeks. Once you can accept how football is played in 2019 we can get somewhere. 

Football is about scoring and preventing always has been, always will be. BTW, Today is the first time the Bills scored less than your 14 pts and had 31 last week.

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If I recall correctly, it was Allen who fumbled the ball before the half, giving Philly the short field.

13 points doesn't cut it in today's NFL, chief.  And no, I don't place the blame solely on Josh.

I'm definitely on the blame Allen for everything side. 31 points allowed is respectable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

You got that right!  This board will blame anyone and anything except Allen.

Why?  Because they know the QB is by far the most important piece in the whole puzzle, and the thought that Allen isn't what was hoped for is more than your average Bills fan can handle.