This week’s Fan column in BuffNews

20 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Thanks, Sailor. I know it’s a shameless lamp but hopefully a good read and entertaining. Appreciate it. 

My pleasure.  I enjoy reading them because that's how I like to think I look at the team...acknowledge the bad but celebrate the good.

1 hour ago, eball said:

My pleasure.  I enjoy reading them because that's how I like to think I look at the team...acknowledge the bad but celebrate the good.

Yeah, that's a good way to describe it, "acknowledge the bad but celebrate the good." After so long being rightfully pessimistic, we deserve some optimism. ;)

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Great stuff, man!!

Particularly loved, "helmet-to-helmet slobber-knocker."

Thanks. We need some more slobber-knocking of our own.

@Kelly the Dog you wrote -

"Micah Hyde goaded Brady into throwing an interception in the end zone and then bragged about it when asked by Bill Belichick after the game."

So Belichick asked Hyde if he goaded Brady into it? Is that a typo of some type? I didn't hear anything about that.

28 minutes ago, jabu said:

@Kelly the Dog you wrote -

"Micah Hyde goaded Brady into throwing an interception in the end zone and then bragged about it when asked by Bill Belichick after the game."

So Belichick asked Hyde if he goaded Brady into it? Is that a typo of some type? I didn't hear anything about that.

There is a video, and a thread or two here, showing BB walking off the field, approaching Hyde, and saying did you get that interception (he obviously knew Hyde made it)?  Hyde just said yeah, Brady was staring him (the receiver) down. 

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

How did you get this gig

@Kelly the Dog

IIRC, the Sports Editor of the News, Josh Barnett, came on here and started engaging with the fans. He had an idea for a fan column and asked SDS who gave him a few names I think. Josh contacted me and we exchanged a couple emails and he asked me to do it. This is the third year. Thanks again, Scott!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

IIRC, the Sports Editor of the News, Josh Barnett, came on here and started engaging with the fans. He had an idea for a fan column and asked SDS who gave him a few names I think. Josh contacted me and we exchanged a couple emails and he asked me to do it. This is the third year. Thanks again, Scott!

Cool!

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There is a video, and a thread or two here, showing BB walking off the field, approaching Hyde, and saying did you get that interception (he obviously knew Hyde made it)?  Hyde just said yeah, Brady was staring him (the receiver) down. 

I would hope he’d respond that “the left guard  was blocking so well I knew what was coming. You should tell him not to do that!” Mr Ed would appreciate that, and maybe we could be rid of Brady once and for all! 

...maybe.....

BTW - paywall, so I couldn’t read. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would hope he’d respond that “the left guard  was blocking so well I knew what was coming. You should tell him not to do that!” Mr Ed would appreciate that, and maybe we could be rid of Brady once and for all! 

...maybe.....

BTW - paywall, so I couldn’t read. 

Speaking of paywalls and Mr. Ed, just pony up! It's like half a beer! 

I may have told this story before but I was in a story meeting years ago on a project of mine, with Al Ruddy, who won two Oscars for best picture, producing The Godfather, and Million Dollar Baby (as well as the original Longest Yard). He was giving my manager at the time a big pep talk about making sure she chose the right project and was emotionally attached to it because it would take two years out of your life, and these things are such important choices in your career. It was like a Knute Rockne win one for the Gipper impassioned speech. I wanted to jump up in the air and go out and make the next Godfather. And then I asked him what he was working on right now and he said, "Mr. Ed, you know, the talking horse movie." ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Speaking of paywalls and Mr. Ed, just pony up! It's like half a beer! 

I may have told this story before but I was in a story meeting years ago on a project of mine, with Al Ruddy, who won two Oscars for best picture, producing The Godfather, and Million Dollar Baby (as well as the original Longest Yard). He was giving my manager at the time a big pep talk about making sure she chose the right project and was emotionally attached to it because it would take two years out of your life, and these things are such important choices in your career. It was like a Knute Rockne win one for the Gipper impassioned speech. I wanted to jump up in the air and go out and make the next Godfather. And then I asked him what he was working on right now and he said, "Mr. Ed, you know, the talking horse movie." ;) 

I LOVED me some Mr Ed! Who is this Godfather fellow you speak of? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1