Trading TH provides multiple options in the draft

Trading TH and swapping picks in the 2nd rd may provide variations of options. With the O-line pretty much solidified with acquisition of Shelton and a somewhat early 2nd rd pick, the Bills would be in a much better trading position if they cared to do so. Here is several different formats that could be accomplished.

a) The bills at #44 just might be satisfied to sit tight and draft a player that they had conveyed.

b) If the Bills have targeted a certain player/position that they want but they need to move up to do so, then they can package the #44th pick with either another draft pick from this year's draft or next year's. Another option would be to package the #44th pick with a current player on the roster.

c) If the Bills stand pat at the #44th pick OR package that pick with a player so they can move up in the rd or even into the 1st rd, then they could trade a later rd pick for a RFA for a position of need. Example; If Buffalo is looking for a bruising RB/FB for depth, then Pittsburgh RB Verron Haynes is tagged with a 5th rd compensation. He may be desirable to Mularkey and company. *This scenario is solely used for demostration purposes only.

d) As Buffalo Wing posted earlier today, trading down with one of our picks so we could gather extra pick(s) in exchange is also a strong possibility. I just don't believe that if we do acquire the #44th pick that we would trade down with that pick. This pick is definitely going to be used at face value for a targeted player or be used to move forward earlier in the draft.

Bottom line is, getting rid of TH/obtaining LJ Shelton AND swapping of the picks is not only a huge shot in the arm, but it's the beginning of a vast amount of flexibility in trading.

Just a hunch, but I think we will stand pat with the #44 pick. To go through the whole chess game of getting it to trade down doesn't seem likely. The only thing that I seeing as a possiblity and a stretch at a possibility is trading up. In a draft that every person and their brother has called weak at best, trading up may not be as hard as possible.

Just please don't make it for next year's number one regardless of who it is. Does anyone else HATE when the bills don't have a number one?

T_R

Good post, particularly appreciated by a person who drinks too much to think that hard. :lol:

I'll keep saying it: Bills mgt. is about options. Creating as many options as you can with what you've got. The more options you have, the higher the overall return...in the long run. There's a big difference between having an Option A and and Option B, and having an Option A and having an Option B, C, D, E, F, and G.

It may not please the masses who scream for immediate gratification, but it works.

It wasn't two months ago I was reading thoughts from a select few who thought we should just dump Henry because he's a cancer, a pedophile, blah dee fuggin' blah.

He provides options. And Bills mgt. loves options during times like these.

Malibu & 7up (diet 'cause I'm getting too fat) here

299386[/snapback]

I love Malibu! I like Malibu and Coke and Malibu and Red Bull the best. I was at a local bar and the bartender grabbed a small glass when I ordered. I said- get me the big boys glass. He grabbed a pint- I ordered a malibu and coke and he said- is that what the big boys drink? LOL Not my usual drink- I am a Grand Marnier and Heineken man but I do enjoy a strong Malibu drink time to time

The bills still need to get a center and CB for the future. Both Teague

and Clements might be gone at the end of the season. Since it is a center/guard

rich draft, this is probably the time to get them...If he outshines Teague

during camp then go with him for the long haul. A chris spencer or david

bass if available is a must pick for this teams future.

Just please don't make it for next year's number one regardless of who it is.  Does anyone else HATE when the bills don't have a number one? 

T_R

299316[/snapback]

Yes...

Can't remember the last time I was less interested or less knowledgable about a draft going in. I didn't even know the date of the thing until I was reading another thread 5 minutes ago.

Good response LABillzFan. I couldn't agree with you more, especially about the Bills loving options.

PS what are you drinking?

299327[/snapback]

Last night, it was Fat Tire Amber Ale from Denver. An outstanding beer. (In fact, that's what I'm having for breakfast as well.)

Hey, if Buffalo drafts Baas, I'm all for it. I think the key to this draft is the trade with TH and the swapping of the picks. This will give us so much flexibility, in case we do want to trade anywheres during the draft.