13-0, 16-0, whatever the score

Hebert19

Tough loss yes...but it is completely weird to me that we are down 13-0 to the patriots in a terrible start to the game and I was actually thinking we would come back to win.  Normally that game goes sideways and we get blown out.  

This team is different.   This D will keep us in every game and the offense can score points when needed (usually).

Anyone else feel this yesterday.  No stress...almost knowing we would make a game of it.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Tough loss yes...but it is completely weird to me that we are down 13-0 to the patriots in a terrible start to the game and I was actually thinking we would come back to win.  Normally that game goes sideways and we get blown out.  

This team is different.   This D will keep us in every game and the offense can score points when needed (usually).

Anyone else feel this yesterday.  No stress...almost knowing we would make a game of it.  

Actually, I was thinking the same thing and texted it to my son a number of times during the game. As bad as Allen played in the first half, I thought he would lead them to a win. I still believe he would have done so had he not been taken out of the game with a cheap shot.

14 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I was in the same boat. I actually expected to win. I know this place is always meltdown-central after a loss but I'm not even upset today. We gave the pats* hell and have closed the gap on them big time and they know it. In the past we'd lose this game 38-6. If it took a game like this for Allen to realize he doesn't have to hit a home run on every throw to beat them, it was worth it. I think my BBFS may be healed.

I think the Bills defense played about as well as a defense could in the game.  Holding NE to 11 1st downs, 150 yards passing, and 74 yards rushing.  If the offense had its act together the Bills would have won this game.  Unfortunately, as well as the defense played the offense and special teams didn't hold up their end.

The blocked punt was inexcusable.  Before the snap I said out loud "they're going to block the kick".  There was simply a lack of recognition from the Bills.  The defender over the left side gunner moved into the formation to rush the kicker.  This was obvious to anyone watching.  Obvious to anyone except the people that mattered, the gunner, the punt team, and the coaching staff.  There were three things they could have done to eliminate the play.  1) It being obvious he was unblocked the gunner could have recognized the defender moved inside and was unaccounted for and moved inside to block the free rusher.  2) the punt team recognizing the gunner was uncovered could have audibled and had the punter throw a pass to the open gunner with only the punt returner some 40 to 50 yards downfield between him and the goal line (not saying I'd do it but it was there).  3) the coaches on the sidelines could have recognized there was a free rusher and called timeout to reset the punt formation.  Any one of these would have prevented the block and 7 points.  Add in the missed FG before the half (compounded by Allen taking a sack to make it a longer kick).  Assuming everything played out the way it did subtract out 7 points for NE and add 3 for Buffalo and at halftime we're at 6-6.  Then there was the turnovers and poor game plan strategy by the offensive coaching group.  

If the offense can clean up and the defense holds up this team can has a chance to beat every team on their schedule.   Optimistically, maybe we hit the Thanksgiving game at Dallas at 8-3? 

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I have a very tough time figuring out what your threads are ever about from your titles.