Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

13 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Here’s the thing.  You’re arguing with someone who specifically stated he only shows up after losses because there’s nothing to say after wins.  Why would a purported fan of the team do that?    So it’s surprising he’s saying anything this week.  You’re arguing with someone who would have traded an entire draft for Jameis Winston, and now says he’d be as good as Allen even given his picks.  You’re arguing with a guy who seems to think he’s a QB expert and stats expert but shows no evidence of either.

In short, it’s not worth arguing with someone bereft of logic.

I also get sick of the stuff from more than a few people about how Allen hasn’t put the team on his back or that he couldn’t carry them to a win.  First, these folks need to look up the definition of the word team.  Second, it would be pretty damn dumb to not rely on the kind of quality defense we have.  Third, Allen is among the leaders if not the leader in fourth quarter comebacks so to say he can’t put the team on his back is absurd in its face.

Finally, no one- let me reap at no one- believes Allen is a finished product.  I’ll say agin:  no one.  And the implication people are saying so is crap.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Four people just said they wouldn't trade Josh Allen for the NFL MVP.

Complete insanity. 

I bet you thought it would be insane if Seahawks fans wouldn't have traded for RG3 after week 15 of his first season.

Four people just said they wouldn't trade Josh Allen for the NFL MVP.

Complete insanity. 

That doesn't address the issue as to whether you just severely misrepresented the viewpoint and subject being discussed upthread.  Can you "stand and deliver" and justify your representation, or is that a "No, Whoopsie!"?  If no responsive answer on this third try,  we'll take it as "No, Whoopsie, Me Bad!"

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

More insane than sincerely believing that 20 QBs would have more TDs for this team than the guy that has the 6th most among QBs?

?

Should I add you to the list?

Are you another who wouldn't trade away Josh Allen for Lamar Jackson?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That doesn't address the issue as to whether you just severely misrepresented the viewpoint and subject being discussed upthread.  Can you "stand and deliver" and justify your representation, or is that a "No, Whoopsie!"?  If no responsive answer on this third try,  we'll take it as "No, Whoopsie, Me Bad!"

I didn't misrepresent anything.

You seem to think Allen is a better player than Lamar Jackson and have gone to great lengths to make up excuses for why you think that's true. 

Jackson is a better passer and a better runner than Allen. It makes zero sense to think we wouldn't be scoring more points with a better QB under centre. 

Edited by jrober38

42 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Of course you would think that, BECAUSE YOU'RE A JOSH ALLEN HOMER.

You go to extreme lengths to justify Allen doing a good job, even if it means slandering the NFL's offensive MVP this year. 

The Bills literally use Josh Allen as our goal line running back and have used him on designed QB runs numerous times this season, but we're not playing to his strengths. Gimme a break. 

You think Josh Allen is a better player than Lamar Jackson. Lunacy. 

@CincyBillsFan this is what I was talking about yesterday. 

This is simply just not true. I created a thread about having my crow over Lamar Jackson and Hapless slandered him in no way in any of his responses. I think we can all agree that the system Lamar finds himself in is perfectly tailored to his skillset by Greg Roman. Go back through and read his responses. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You seem to think Allen is a better player than Lamar Jackson and have gone to great lengths to make up excuses for why you think that's true. 

Jackson is a better passer and a better runner than Allen. It makes zero sense to think we wouldn't be scoring more points with a better QB under centre. 

I have said from the beginning that I like both players.

So yeah, go ahead and add me...while you're at it, add 99% of this board to the list of people that believe your football opinions are tantamount to lunacy 

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Jackson is a better passer and a better runner than Allen. It makes zero sense to think we wouldn't be scoring more points with a better QB under centre

Wait a minute?  Are you from Canuckistan?

6 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

@jrober38 Add me to your super secret probation list. I think Allen will end up with a longer, more successful career than Jackson. That's while acknowledging that Jackson has been incredible this year.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Go yeah, go ahead and add me...while you're at it, add 99% of this board to the list of people that believe your football opinions are tantamount to lunacy 

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no, I would not.

29 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I would also not trade Allen for Jackson.

25 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Neither would I. I believe in three years, this will be apparent to EVERYONE.

Are there any QBs in the NFL you would trade Allen for?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around your choice. 

Like if not the NFL MVP, does anyone make the cut?

Are there any QBs in the NFL you would trade Allen for?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around your choice. 

Like if not the NFL MVP, does anyone make the cut?

Wake up man.

2 years into Brady's career you'd have traded him for Favre...and you'd have been proven an idiot for doing so.

When you've got a kid that looks like he can win long-term, you don't trade him away, you build around him.

That you miss the forest for the trees on every Allen-related discussion is not a surprise. You're waaaaaaaay too invested in being right about him. A bit of friendly advice: let it go. Your evaluation was wrong. You can move on and gain back a lot of credibility if you stop trying so hard to plead your case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You said " I argue with someone who wants to claim Josh Allen is better than the supposed NFL MVP and your response is for me to go cheer for another team? No thanks. "

Stand and deliver: present the claim where someone has said the above. 

People have said they wouldn't trade Allen for Lamar Jackson. 

People have pointed out that Allen's potential as a pocket passer may differ, and that Lamar Jackson has so far demonstrated he's better in a specific offensive system that is tailored to him and with strong skill players supporting him.

Those are not the same claim.  No one I have seen is arguing that Josh Allen has been better than Lamar Jackson as a QB of their respective teams, this year.