Country Music docu - PBS

BuffaloBud

what laughable errors will Burns keep in, that would have been pointed out immediately by anyone with knowledge on his insular research team?

and what will he focus on foolishly to the detriment of the series???

like all that portion of Jazz spent on Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington, with minimal time to Miles Davis and going forward, almost nobody under 90 could give a fiddler's fart about Louis or Duke any more...

or insisting that 98% of baseball's history and concern was over Jackie Robinson, endlessly.......  :(

• Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm not a huge Ken Burns fan and I really, really dislike country music.  So I will probably take a pass on this one.

Civil War buffs watching with me howled with laughter at the horrible errors in basic fact all through the series.

For Vietnam he took the usual lazy overview of liberal historians, one good thing was he included the info provided on what the Northern leadership was up to in strategy which is sort of a new area of information.

I've only watched one episode so far, but I've really enjoyed it. I've gotten into country music recently, as I've found (as with most genres), that if you turn off mainstream radio, there's some really good stuff out there. Plus, any rock buff knows that while rock and roll's main infulence was the Blues, country music helped form the genre as well.

For those who don't have cable anymore, PBS' app is totally free and has the complete series already uploaded. As a United States taxpayer, you're welcome.