New Lost Tonight...

NCDAWG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good show. I wonder what (if anything) happened to Jack's wife? And........what will Claire name the baby?

:doh:

298268[/snapback]

My guess----car accident. Claire's baby's name-----first or middle name probably Boone.

Sheesh...quite the emotional episode last night. Once it became apparent that the baby was going to be born last night, Boone's death became a sure thing for me.

A few thoughts and observations...

Bringing in Jack's wife raised a number of questions (as noted through this tread)...primarily, what happened to her? She definitely was not the person that Jack's father f'ed up on, though.

Jin was cracking me up last night...I agree with the point raised earlier that his stock is rising. In fact, given his run in with Sun last night, he may have second thoughts about getting on that raft.

Sawyer was surprisingly helpful (with the alcohol) and happy (about the baby) last night. Which probably means we're going to get some classic Sawyer in the next episode.

I thought the scene on the beach with Claire bringing out the baby, and then Sayid/Shannon walking up, was great. No words...just music, with the waves breaking in the background. Visually arresting.

Boone dying pretty much takes care of that issue Shannon brought up to Sayid, unless of course she becomes consumed with guilt over how sh------- she treated him.

The preview showed Sayid raising a gun, and then Locke looking like he had been shot. As we know, previews are meant to mislead. I personally don't think that Locke will be a bad guy for more than the next episode. My guess is that Sayid is raising the gun against either Danielle or one of "the others," and that it is one of those outsiders that shoots Locke (related to his quest to get into the hatch).

Overall...a pretty solid episode. We're kind of expecting each episode to leave us hanging with many questions and leading to big things the next week. Last nights episode wrapped up two big on-going storylines. The only thing really left for another episode is Jack going after Locke.

I dunno...The island never gave back life to the other survivors who died this season (the ones Ethan killed).

Just something to think about.

298134[/snapback]

But this was the first death that came about from something the island led to, Locke's dream. Without the dream, and without Locke's weak legs, Boone would not have been in the plane.

I thought the scene on the beach with Claire bringing out the baby, and then Sayid/Shannon walking up, was great.  No words...just music, with the waves breaking in the background.  Visually arresting.

Boone dying pretty much takes care of that issue Shannon brought up to Sayid, unless of course she becomes consumed with guilt over how sh------- she treated him.

298302[/snapback]

Yeah. I thought there would be more cutting b/w the two contrasting emotions of joy about the baby and Shannon's grief about Boone. I don't know if it makes Shannon want to get herself to a nunnery tho. Looks like Sayid will be taking on a revenge role probably both to earn Shannon's love and for the greater good of the community in a posse. They've really used music well in this series.

The preview shows that the key to the Halliburton was taken and I would think either Locke gets a pistol (he has one from the missionary's body --- but I have to say it was surprisingly rust-free for a gun that's been out in the elements for 2-10 years....) or Sayid raids it. My guess in who apparently shoots Locke would be Rousseau making a surprise appearance with her rifle, for reason that she sees Locke is "sick." I think the island just goes through the ranks. That she's managed to avoid it kind of excuses her craziness.

My guess in who apparently shoots Locke would be Rousseau making a surprise appearance, for reason that Locke is "sick." I think the island just goes through the ranks. That she's managed to avoid it kind of excuses her craziness.

298333[/snapback]

My guess on who shoots Locke....Nobody. I have a feeling it will part of a dream sequence.

yah i was thinking the same...theres no way locke can get shot...altho it would be interesting to see the mob mentality kill locke, and to see what the Islands revenge would be (if any)...

dammit i hate having to wait a month for a new episode...none for 3 weeks, what is a guy supposed to do?

My guess in who apparently shoots Locke would be Rousseau making a surprise appearance with her rifle, for reason that she sees Locke is "sick." I think the island just goes through the ranks. That she's managed to avoid it kind of excuses her craziness.

298333[/snapback]

I'm with you...I think he does get shot (and survives...I agree that he would not be killed off) by Danielle. When you think about it...he is infected with the island's sickness...he's obsessed with that hatch, and is pretty much doing what the island wants.

My guess----car accident.    Claire's baby's name-----first or middle name probably Boone.

298274[/snapback]

Car accident? with John Locke, causing his paralyzation? maybe?

Car accident? with John Locke, causing his paralyzation?  maybe?

298367[/snapback]

I don't think it's established that Sara died after the wedding. For all we know, she is a presumed "widow" and that's why there's been no Jack&Kate. I don't think that's the case, tho. Probably a divorce, b/c he didn't really seem to be in love with her for her, but rather for her as the patient that he needs to take care of and watch over. Much like, in a non-manly-love way, he did for Boone last night. There was a fatherly/brotherly love there in how much Jack was sacrificing and agonizing.

For the original accident, tho, that's an interesting theory, one that I'm not discounting. Everyone on the island had a connection before getting on that plane.

Also i was thinking with the birth of Clare's child, and the circumstances around the birth. Didn't the french women say she killed her own son, I think his name was Alex? The medium that Clare went to in Austrailia say that she had to raise the child alone or there would be terrible consequences.

Also i was thinking with the birth of Clare's child, and the circumstances around the birth.  Didn't the french women say she killed her own son, I think his name was Alex?  The medium that Clare went to in Austrailia say that she had to raise the child alone or there would be terrible consequences.

298647[/snapback]

I think the medium said that she had to raise the child, or there would be consequences. Giving it up was the wrong thing to do.

Also i was thinking with the birth of Clare's child, and the circumstances around the birth.  Didn't the french women say she killed her own son, I think his name was Alex?  The medium that Clare went to in Austrailia say that she had to raise the child alone or there would be terrible consequences.

298647[/snapback]

I thought "the others" killed Danielle's son.

How long ago did Sara say she was in the car accident? Locke said he was in a wheelchair for 4 years before coming to the island....

I didn't get the impression that Sara's accident was that long ago, but it could be.

yah i was thinking the same...theres no way locke can get shot...altho it would be interesting to see the mob mentality kill locke, and to see what the Islands revenge would be (if any)...

dammit i hate having to wait a month for a new episode...none for 3 weeks, what is a guy supposed to do?

298348[/snapback]

Are we sure of that. My tivo is scheduled to record next week, and it is set to only record new shows.

Will confirm tonight when i get home and let yall know in the morning

But this was the first death that came about from something the island led to, Locke's dream. Without the dream, and without Locke's weak legs, Boone would not have been in the plane.

298310[/snapback]

But we don't know why Ethan was killing people. He might have had a dream too.

I'm just saying I don't think it's really a circle of life thing although that was what the visual was meant to represent on the beach.

It doesn't fit totally, I don't have any theories as to why though so you may very well be right.