New Lost Tonight...

NCDAWG

Wow, what an intense show. I noticed jack's tatoo has the number 5 in it. Is that one of the numbers? It seems the island takes one life and gives another. Also jack's bride was wearing 44 on her shirt.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing I thought of when Boone died was the line from Wrath of Khan:

"this death takes place in the shadow of new life"...

This show rocks!

298095[/snapback]

My thought exactly...the island giveth life, and the island taketh life away.

298105[/snapback]

I dunno...The island never gave back life to the other survivors who died this season (the ones Ethan killed).

Just something to think about.

298105[/snapback]

"Do No Harm" in this case, wasn't exactly how everyone thinks of that phrase. The criticism of Jack was that he was so committed he couldn't let go. Instead of taking drastic, futile efforts, he did step back after doing everything he could. He seemed ready to give all of his blood before Sun ripped the needle out. I think the title of the ep has more to do w/ the final minute of tonight's ep. From the preview of next week, looks like Jack and Sayid are going to taketh life away, b/c Locke did harm. "I'm going after John Locke!" (Anyone notice that Boone's shirt last week had the number 48, as shown upside down)?

So, Jack married the Julie Bowen character (Sara?)? I take it this was before his father operated drunk, etc. And his father, at the pool, did seem to be trying to steer him toward not getting married.

My opinion on Jin changed a little for the positive tonight. And Sawyer.

Disappointing show. I learned nothing that I didn't find out from the commercials. Boone dying was no real surprise and the baby was born without incident. That's pretty much the whole show. Jack's flashbacks didn't do a whole hell of a lot either.

Still, the next show does look pretty damn good.

So, Jack married the Julie Bowen character (Sara?)? I take it this was before his father operated drunk, etc. And his father, at the pool, did seem to be trying to steer him toward not getting married.

298141[/snapback]

Could it be the father was operating on Sara... and that's why Jack was compelled to say something? Possibly another operation on her back, or was the patient a male? Was that covered in that episode?

Also, I wonder if the actor who played Boone has another job and wanted off (who would want on this money pit?) or if he was just written off? The actors say they don't get any advance notice of the script.

Also, they didn't say "next week on Lost"... they said "coming up on Lost" or something similar, making me thing we are gonna be waiting quite some time for a new episode.

Could it be the father was operating on Sara... and that's why Jack was compelled to say something? Possibly another operation on her back, or was the patient a male? Was that covered in that episode?

Also, I wonder if the actor who played Boone has another job and wanted off (who would want on this money pit?) or if he was just written off? The actors say they don't get any advance notice of the script.

Also, they didn't say "next week on Lost"... they said "coming up on Lost" or something similar, making me thing we are gonna be waiting quite some time for a new episode.

298153[/snapback]

I don't think there are any new episodes until May Sweeps, and the previews they showed looked like a montage from several episodes.

Disappointing show. I learned nothing that I didn't find out from the commercials. Boone dying was no real surprise and the baby was born without incident. That's pretty much the whole show. Jack's flashbacks didn't do a whole hell of a lot either.

Still, the next show does look pretty damn good.

298145[/snapback]

I think the only reason it may have been a letdown was that last week had so much happen, e.g. the light. And it wasn't revealed this week.

I don't think it was Sara who died on the table. It would have been a lot bigger and more dramatic argument in the ep that had it.

Ian Sommer-something.... I think he's on "Smallville" but I don't think that's much of an issue. He signed a contract to be there as long as he was needed, sounds like a blind contract based on how the writers keep a close release on the scripts. And Boone will still be appearing in flashbacks.

I think it's all new eps until the season finale. Three eps, then a two-part season finale, the last of which I hear will be 90 minutes and no commercials.

I think the only reason it may have been a letdown was that last week had so much happen, e.g. the light. And it wasn't revealed this week.

I don't think it was Sara who died on the table. It would have been a lot bigger and more dramatic argument in the ep that had it.

Ian Sommer-something.... I think he's on "Smallville" but I don't think that's much of an issue. He signed a contract to be there as long as he was needed, sounds like a blind contract based on how the writers keep a close release on the scripts. And Boone will still be appearing in flashbacks.

I think it's all new eps until the season finale. Three eps, then a two-part season finale, the last of which I hear will be 90 minutes and no commercials.

298163[/snapback]

They killed him off on Smallville too.

298163[/snapback]

It said tonight it's a 2 hour finale.

There isn't a new episode until the end of the month. Then two in May including the finale.

I am pissed at the previews for next week. They showed too much....

i enjoy how they do an episode totally centered around Locke, and then the following episode he is not present. It shows the depth of this show. I too agree that jacks wife was the lady saved from his father.

i enjoy how they do an episode totally centered around Locke, and then the following episode he is not present.  It shows the depth of this show.  I too agree that jacks wife was the lady saved from his father.

298169[/snapback]

No, I don't think it was.

The lady that Jack's father killed was married (Jack talked with the husband and he didn't know him or show any sign of angst) and she was pregnant.

There is no way it was the same woman. If it were, he never would have been allowed to opperate anyway.

It said tonight it's a 2 hour finale.

There isn't a new episode until the end of the month. Then two in May including the finale.

I am pissed at the previews for next week. They showed too much....

298166[/snapback]

:ph34r: I had read it was going to be new eps.

Per TvTome:

Some kind of Special on 27 April

22. The Greater Good (a.k.a. Sides) -- Sayid ep, on 4 May

23. Born to Run -- Kate ep, on 11 May

24. Exodus (1) -- 18 May

25. Exodus (2) -- 25 May

26. Exodus (3) -- 25 May

As for the previews, they don't show any more than Abrams wants you to see for whatever reason. Then, there was the preview that showed Shannon getting picked up by the monster....

:ph34r: I had read it was going to be new eps.

Per TvTome:

Some kind of Special on 27 April

22. The Greater Good (a.k.a. Sides) -- Sayid ep, on 4 May

23. Born to Run -- Kate ep, on 11 May

24. Exodus (1) -- 18 May

25. Exodus (2) -- 25 May

26. Exodus (3) -- 25 May

298174[/snapback]

What's with the :) face? I wasn't saying you were wrong, just telling you what they said tonight after the show about the finale being 2 hours.

So there are 6 left?

Cool! What is the special though? I smell a behind the scenes sort of thing...

What's with the  :ph34r:  face? I wasn't saying you were wrong, just telling you what they said tonight after the show about the finale being 2 hours.

The :) was for A) the person who wrote the article I read where there were new shows on and 2) for the network leaving such a gap now that the story is really drawing you in. Wasn't meant for you.

Cool! What is the special though? I smell a behind the scenes sort of thing...

298176[/snapback]

Prol'y. They aren't so bad. I think this aired a couple of weeks ago in Australia and that region. Nothing big came out of it, other than some troublemakers on boards saying it was more than it was.

The  :ph34r: was for A) the person who wrote the article I read where there were new shows on and 2) for the network leaving such a gap now that the story is really drawing you in. Wasn't meant for you.

Prol'y. They aren't so bad. I think this aired a couple of weeks ago in Australia and that region. Nothing big came out of it, other than some troublemakers on boards saying it was more than it was.

298178[/snapback]

Yeah, I hate how spaced out it is too. Though I am psyched if there really are 6 episodes left. I said there were 4 because I thought that's what I read on the old thread here (in fact I thought it was from you...lol).

I am just upset at the previews because they showed a little too much. But it was a good show tonight I thought. Not great, but good.