Why is a murderer on the WOF?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, Jerry Jabber said:

No. It's a shame that 90% of the jury already had it in their mind that they were not going to find OJ "guilty" due to the LAPD being found "not guilty" in the Rodney King beating case. The judicial system failed Rodney King, so the jurors were going to do something about it.

https://www.thewrap.com/oj-simpson-juror-not-guilty-verdict-was-payback-for-rodney-king/

I’m not even going to bother reading that garbage. Just stop 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I'm not the one to start the petition but I would definitely sign it.  Having a living double murderer on the wall is a pretty big disgrace imo.

42 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Found guilty in civil court.

The NFL never waits for a criminal conviction to hand out punishments to existing players.  And he was found guilty in the civil case.  Had to give lots of money to the victims family.

If a civil case is the bar then there's a lot of guys in the hall who now need to be up for discussion whether they belong. The burden of proof for a civil case is not the same thing as a criminal trial. 

45 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I get what you're saying, but for the OJ case... Seems like he's a unique species can of worms.  I feel sometimes it's okay pissing off some people if you know you're doing the right thing.

Also, sometimes it's ok to let people be uncomfortable with something so you don't have to apply standards that are unique to one individual to everyone.

It was also on ESPN when they did a five part series on the OJ Simpson case. It's okay, just keep your blinders on.

My blinders are apparently 100% clear in that he was found not guilty of murder. Seems like people like you and others here are hanging on to fact that he was found not guilty. 

• Like (+1) 1

It was also on ESPN when they did a five part series on the OJ Simpson case. It's okay, just keep your blinders on.

Exactly. If anyone has spent even a little time looking at the facts, especially in light of the loads of new info, then you know the defense manipulated that jury, with mastery and unethical behaviour, does not mean he was innocent, he just 'got away with it'. Those who defend the verdict have either not studied it, or have some kind of skin in the game. I wish our owners would just expunge his nasty self from our team. Shameful and disgusting what he did to those two people and his old young children. He robbed his kids of their mother, there is no possible way to excuse that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

My blinders are apparently 100% clear in that he was found not guilty of murder. Seems like people like you and others here are hanging on to fact that he was found not guilty. 

Nope. I just believe in finding all sides any story.

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

People who are innocent of murdering their children's mother do not write books called, "If I did it."

• Like (+1) 2

Nice discussion here.  I'll throw in this for what its worth:

One of the questions that might be raised by removing all references of him would be "where do you stop?".  Not everyone in the WOF or HOF is a saint and I'm sure some of them have been guilty of serious crimes.  Simpson (in my opinion) committed the worst of all crimes, so it's reasonable to feel that he should be expunged from the record.  But where do you draw the line?  Do we review the records of all other WOF or HOF players and see if there's anything in their past that justifies their removal?

I won't dispute Simpson's guilt.  But if we assume guilt and use removal as a punishment, then by extension this process should be applied to everyone else.

Not sure if this makes sense, but hopefully it contributes in some way to the discussion.